Zero distance flights

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Zero distance flights

Post by Konny » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:34 pm

Hey,
There is currently no real handling for flights where departure and destination airports are the same. It's not very realistic that you can fill a 747 with such flights. So, maybe someone has some better ideas than I had:

1st: Just forbit "zero distance flights"; <= I don't like that. It should be possible to do some local sightseeing flights / traffic circuits

2nd: Max. Passengers = distance in nm; 0nm = 0 PAX, 50nm = max. 50 PAX, ...

3rd: Passengers = PAX ( normally calculated ) * ( distance in nm / 100 ), if distance < 100;
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

tsb

Post by tsb » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:49 pm

I think there should be an option or check box to select whether it is going to be landing at departure airport and give a profit per mile for example: 1 mile = 100v$!

recce

Post by recce » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:01 pm

Since I don't see anyway of restricting sight seeing flights to smaller aircraft (DC3 being on the large end of that range) untill the client checks which aircraft you are flying maybe the cash per mile is a good approach for flights under a certain range. It's gonna hurt my airline but that's okay. we only fly small stuff anyways.

www.virtualcia.org

Post by www.virtualcia.org » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:43 pm

I don't think there should be any changes to the zero mile flights.

There are airport traffic patterns, sightseeing flights, and just general local flights. I see no problem in getting paid for these flights the way FlyNET is right now. Even with a Boeing 747 these could be maintenance flights to check a new flight model, or a change to the flight model.

I vote for no changes at all.

www.virtualcia.org

tsb

Post by tsb » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:06 pm

Thats because you have about 6 flights that T/O and land at the same airport, having checked your Logs I can see that on some your airline has flown for 2 minutes!

recce

Post by recce » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:33 am

Wait..... You're taking passengers on MAINTENANCE FLIGHTS??? I'm sorry but isn't that a little dangerous? Passengers should never be on maintenance flights. And I've NEVER heard of a 747 doing sightseeing.... it's just not economical in terms of fuel. What's more is how often has a 747 been caught doing circtuits?