Leonardo MD80

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Teetwo
Ticket Agent

Leonardo MD80

Post by Teetwo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:55 am

Hi,

I’m new to the site as of today and I’m hoping someone can help me. I have two flights under my belt and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to avoid the landing light penalty when flying the Leonardo MD80. I have read the FAQ’s and have tried setting a toggle switch using FSUIPC and I have also tried not raising my gear until I am above 1000ft, but both these solutions have still resulted in a penalty. I’m hoping someone who flies this aircraft can walk me through how to avoid this penalty.

Thanks in advance

Flightguy123
Flight Attendant

Re: Leonardo MD80

Post by Flightguy123 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:16 am

Thomas I am pretty sure if you can just press 'L' that should solve the issue for the landing gear.

Ada Erzurumlu
CEO American Airways

cpgop
Ticket Agent

Post by cpgop » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:41 pm

Sorry I was going to post but forgot sorry for a late reply, but the landing lights need to be on if ur under fl100 and off over fl100 thats why your getting the problem, the gear has nothing to do with it

lexarne
Captain

Post by lexarne » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:24 am

yes but the rule is the lights have to be off by fl100 so i could turn them at fl070 or even just as i pass 1000

Teetwo
Ticket Agent

Post by Teetwo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:49 am

Hey thanks for the replies guys I really do appreciate them.

It’s my understanding that the problem stems from the fact that the Leonardo MD-80 does not use default key to toggle the landing lights on and off. Unfortunately this means that even if I turn the landing lights off in the aircraft the FSAirlines client does not seem to recognize them being turned off and thus gives a landing light penalty as if they were left on after passing 10,000ft AGL.

In the FAQ’s there are two solutions to this problem but for the life of me I have not been able to get either one of them to work. Granted it’s not a game stopper for me but I would like to figure out how to avoid this penalty if possible.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:12 am

Hi,

It is frustrating when modellers don't stick to the microsoft sdk. I believe the problem stems from the landing light being automatically turned off when the undercarriage retracts. You may have to do some experimenting to try and find a solution. I would suggest running the aircraft on a training flight to try and find an answer. If you have two monitors then drag the client onto the second so that you can see the landing light status at all times. If you only have one monitor then run fs in windowed mode and resize so you can see the client. Try all the light switches and see which changes the status in the client. Someone on another thread found the landing lights was tagged to a taxi light switch. It may be that the light is hard coded in the model and you may have to like it and lump it.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage