Question to all

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

cpgop
Ticket Agent

Question to all

Post by cpgop » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:56 pm

Hey, I was wondering this, since Im not having mutch luck with my airline( getting pilots)

So i was thinking, of making a Flying club, I wanted to know if any one would join, so that I dont close my VA just to find out no one will join, So i was wondering to you all

Would you join a flying club at CNC3?

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Question to all

Post by Quantum » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi,

Folk can only be a member of one VA so you have the same problem trying to get pilots. There are many VA's here and a lot are all doing the same or very similar things. Try to be a bit unique so that you stand out from the crowd.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Yeah. Getting guys is tough. Over a year we've had quite a few sign up, but for some reason most of them never do fly. Finding a good active pilot on here would be extremely lucky. I think also only the CEO's of VA's post in these forums, so it's not really the best place to go "looking" for guys either!! We even have an add on the vatsim partner VA page and everything, and growth is extremely slow.

I wish FSA (and all programs similar to it) would make newcomers serve a 6 month term as a "pilot" before they could open a VA of there own. Would put an end to all the "one man shows" that's for sure.

cheers
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:55 am

Brian Peace wrote:Yeah. Getting guys is tough. Over a year we've had quite a few sign up, but for some reason most of them never do fly. Finding a good active pilot on here would be extremely lucky. I think also only the CEO's of VA's post in these forums, so it's not really the best place to go "looking" for guys either!! We even have an add on the vatsim partner VA page and everything, and growth is extremely slow.

I wish FSA (and all programs similar to it) would make newcomers serve a 6 month term as a "pilot" before they could open a VA of there own. Would put an end to all the "one man shows" that's for sure.

cheers
just gotta hit the right community lol...

ive got 4 new pilots within the last 3 days...

*hint, advertise on flying sites not directly linked to flight simulator.*

though i am curious as to how many of the 10000+ members we have are actually flying...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:23 am

I have had a few non flying pilots then I have decided not to hire anyone. We are now 2 in Air Mermaid flying seldom but it is because real life errands.

Motomad1
Flight Attendant

Post by Motomad1 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:48 am

Brian Peace wrote:Yeah. Getting guys is tough. Over a year we've had quite a few sign up, but for some reason most of them never do fly. Finding a good active pilot on here would be extremely lucky. I think also only the CEO's of VA's post in these forums, so it's not really the best place to go "looking" for guys either!! We even have an add on the vatsim partner VA page and everything, and growth is extremely slow.

cheers
Now that would be a good idea, evan 3 months as a pilot. Thats why some people come, make a VA fly 3 flights and go you know. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:36 am

Motomad1 wrote:

cheers
Now that would be a good idea, evan 3 months as a pilot. Thats why some people come, make a VA fly 3 flights and go you know. :mrgreen:
Just curious.
What makes you guys think that one might join FSA if (s)he don't have the option to set up an airline right away. I mean, if I wanted to fly for somebody else I would have done so even without registering FSA.