Logo Theft

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Logo Theft

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Just noticed this in the Crew Centre. It seems like German Flight-Center's logo is a copied version of PLatin Wings' logo with an added circle in the background. Is there any protection of icons/logos on FSAirlines (at least under the admin's jurisdiction), or is anything uploaded up for grabs by anyone?
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: Logo Theft

Post by flightsimer » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:56 am

i saw that too...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Logo Theft

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:57 pm

There is protection, however that particular image is a "stock" image that both VA's used differently. I happened to cross it a few months ago on another website of logos and the one with the circle is actually the original image. PLatin Wings modified it with a shadow and some highlighting while removing the circle and German Flight-Center left it as original.

If any VA has a problem with another VA's logo (i.e. if someone copies yours) then please contact us at support@fsairlines.net and we'll resolve it. Otherwise, we don't typically respond to anything other than obvious plagiarism or copying unless there's a complaint as we don't have the time to know the in depth workings of every VA and thus we can't know when such occurrences are intentional, mistakes, or by agreement.