Change weight before take-off

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

pita
Ticket Agent

Change weight before take-off

Post by pita » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:47 pm

Hello,

I use the last version 1.1.6. I just wonder if payload is updated by the FSAirlines client. FSUIPC can not do this.

In fact, the weights displayed in the briefing document are in Tones and they are approximative. When I fly with a little aircraft, I would like to have the exact weight to make more ealistic. Each kilogram is important for GA aircraft.

My request is to let modify the payload before fueling up, or give the exact weight on the briefing document.

Thanks.

Pita.

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Re: Change weight before take-off

Post by alasizon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:55 am

pita wrote:Hello,

I use the last version 1.1.6. I just wonder if payload is updated by the FSAirlines client. FSUIPC can not do this.

In fact, the weights displayed in the briefing document are in Tones and they are approximative. When I fly with a little aircraft, I would like to have the exact weight to make more ealistic. Each kilogram is important for GA aircraft.

My request is to let modify the payload before fueling up, or give the exact weight on the briefing document.

Thanks.

Pita.
The client does not change the weight automatically, you must set it yourself. If you want an exact value, add 102kg for each passenger, the amount of cargo and your fuel that you'll be using to fly, and you'll have an exact weight.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:07 pm

Since this is not a bug nor a problem with the client or website, I'm moving this to a more appropriate forum.

pita
Ticket Agent

Post by pita » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:12 pm

alasizon wrote: The client does not change the weight automatically, you must set it yourself. If you want an exact value, add 102kg for each passenger, the amount of cargo and your fuel that you'll be using to fly, and you'll have an exact weight.
How to know exactly the amount of cargo ? Is it multiple by 100 Kg ? The cargo is indicated like 0.4T.

thanks.

Pita

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi,

One way is to :-

1. Start your sim.
2. Decide what fuel you want for your flight and load it using the sim interface.
3. Start the client and get to the refuel page. The client will show what you have loaded already in the sim.
3. Select 'Fuel Up'
4. Adjust client payload as required and make a note of the take-off weight.
5. Close the client
6. Adjust your sim PAYLOAD so that your aircraft weight equals the take-off weight as step 4. (do not adjust your fuel)
7. Start the client and get to the refuel page. The client will show what you have loaded already in the sim.
8. Select 'Fuel Up'
9. Adjust payload as required.
10. Fly!

Might sound a bit lengthy but it doesn't take very long at all. Just remember when adjusting your payload that you keep the aircraft balanced so it is not too nose/tail heavy depending where you make the payload adjustments. Please note that there are some sim models which do not have accurate weight and balance and will not allow you to operate at realistic weights so you will have to load to the maximum the sim will let you.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:52 am

pita wrote:
alasizon wrote: The client does not change the weight automatically, you must set it yourself. If you want an exact value, add 102kg for each passenger, the amount of cargo and your fuel that you'll be using to fly, and you'll have an exact weight.
How to know exactly the amount of cargo ? Is it multiple by 100 Kg ? The cargo is indicated like 0.4T.

thanks.

Pita
Take the amount of cargo capacity for the specific airplane, subtract 25kg for each passenger and then you'll have the remaining amount of what cargo will be added to the plane.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin