Purchasing of Aircraft

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

G-Bazz
Ticket Agent

Purchasing of Aircraft

Post by G-Bazz » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:35 am

Purchasing of Aircraft:

We wish to buy a B737-300, I looked in the Manufactures where it was not to be found, so I then looked in the out of production list and ordered two which I am now awaiting for.

In the mean time I just happened to be looking under my personal profile in the Hanger section and noticed that there are several B737-300's listed under Manufacture and if I wish to buy them privatly I can do so.

So my question is when do they not list under Fleet/Purchase or lease so I can but them form an Airline point of view rather than a private buyer?

Can anyone help please?
G-Bazz
Barry Westwood
CEO Magpie Aviation

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Purchasing of Aircraft

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:54 am

Private fleet purchases and airline purchases are two totally separate things and the markets are separate. As the amount of funds being earned by each entity is totally different (no multiplier for the Pilot, multiplier for the Company) they are handled separately in all respects. As such, if you wish to buy an out-of-production aircraft as an airline, you have either order one or buy one off the trader's market. But as pilots don't get enough money to buy these planes very often and they'll never be available for purchase by anyone other than other individual pilots, there's not the problem of "flooding" the market that there is with the airlines and there is no need to make incentives for pilots to buy new airplanes as buying aircraft that large as the cost of operating them is very high as well.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:24 am

chris, i still dont understand why they have to be sepperate. while the way the income is made is different the amount for the plane is always the same. if i buy a 777-200LRF for personal use its going to cost me 200mil, if i buy it for my company its 200mil. the only difference is the amount of time it will take and airline or pilot to get to 200mil.
i dont see how if they interchange, there would be any problem. if i sell my plane to a person for 200mil my airline would get 200 and they would still be getting 200 taken out of their account just as if i had sold it to an airline or they had bought it from another person... so am i missing something else that is preventing it, or was it just decided that you guys wanted seperate markets?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

G-Bazz
Ticket Agent

Post by G-Bazz » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:26 am

I tend to agree, my airline wish to buy two 737-300, they are on the market but only for a provate buyer, I am struggling to get my head around why it should make any difference to the person/organisation that is selling who purchases the aircraft.

Seller should be able to sell to a private pilot or airlines, otherwise there is going to be a lot of aircraft sitting around that never get sold as private pilots can not afford them.

I know it was mentioned about ordering from a manufacture, I did, on Tuesday it is now Friday but now is Friday and I have had no indication of when the aircraft will be delivered, please can in future mods you concider putting a delivery date on ordered aircraft please.
G-Bazz
Barry Westwood
CEO Magpie Aviation

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:00 am

It's not whether or not the cost is adjusted, it is simply ensuring that under all circumstances Company money and Personal Money are separated. We do not want individuals operating as a company (i.e. buying and selling aircraft to airlines) as this is not the purpose of a personal account. Again, since personal finances can only be used to purchase aircraft for their own (non-revenue) use, the chances of someone buying a big aircraft like a 777 is very unlikely as they can't make money off it and they can't go selling it to a VA and start a business buying and selling aircraft.

As for delivery, if you ordered them on Tuesday they will show up within 5 days. This was what it was set to and what it will remain set to. If it goes beyond that, then you need to contact us via support@fsairlines.net or on the forum and let us know that they didn't get delivered.

G-Bazz
Ticket Agent

Post by G-Bazz » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:34 pm

OK Thanks, I now understand your reasoning behind it.

Rgds
Barry
G-Bazz
Barry Westwood
CEO Magpie Aviation