FSAirlines Does Not Seem To Like Airbus A380

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Myrm
Flight Attendant

FSAirlines Does Not Seem To Like Airbus A380

Post by Myrm » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:58 pm

Hi

I have noticed that using the (Wilco) Airbus A380 in FSAirlines is a 'debt-maker'. I just flew from ESSA to KJFK, a total of 3401nm with 482 passengers onboard, paying 392V$ per ticket. I had about 10,000 kg of fuel onboard and topped it up with another 120,000kg. I wanted the minimum amount of fuel so that I could to make a profit. I slightly miscalculated my fuel and ran out of fuel just a few hundred feet from touch-down (my bad! :oops: ).

However, although I got a mark down of -15% rating and -5% reputation, there appeared to be no monetary fine. The flight made a debt of -8 million V$. My thinking is that even if I had not run out of fuel I would still have made a loss of -8 million V$.

Clearly the Airbus A380 is not a good plane to fly when using FSAirlines. It simply uses way too much fuel. :(
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: FSAirlines Does Not Seem To Like Airbus A380

Post by Quantum » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi,

If you take a look at your flight summary, the expediture has been totalled and your multiplier applied to that. The revenue values have not been taken into account. This is maybe the way it has been set up to penalise you for running out of fuel - no revenue. If you had landed successfully you would have had the revenue applied as well as a bonus for 1 x sim. If you take those into account you would have had a sizeable profit from the flight.

Please take the time to look at your flight summary before posting, it is very easy to see how the flight has been calculated.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Oops, sorry. Yes, I see what you mean by the revenue not being taken into account.

Sorry :oops:
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:20 pm

Actually it looks like there is a math error somewhere, recalculated your flights revenue, investigating.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:28 pm

Hi Joe,

I did think it a bit harsh taking all the revenue :lol: . Glad you sorted it out and hope you see where the calcs gone awry.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage