Ground Speed is marvelously increased during flight!

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Mostafaa747
Ticket Agent

Ground Speed is marvelously increased during flight!

Post by Mostafaa747 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi everybody!
I have another strange problem lately, after installing the new v1.0.2 Client I have faced to a very strange problem!
I have flown 4 flights and the problem occured in all of them, I flew a B737-900ER enroute OIIE-OMDB and return and an A330-200 enroute OIIE-EDDF and return; in all trips my ground speed was utmost 500 kts but during flights I surprisingly found in MSFS kneeboard that sometimes my ground speed was recorded even 530 kts between some waypoints!!! Even I arrived to my destinations earlier after each of flights which had not been usual before! I considered this problem very detailed during my last flight and I found that my ground speed at high altitudes was recorded about 30 kts more than my real GS. This problem appeared exactly after installing the 1.0.2 Client and it seems that the problem is with the Client! Some information about my flights are mentioned below:

IKA/OIIE > DXB/OMDB
Max Altitude : FL370
Cruise Speen : 0.78 Mach
AC : Opensky B737-900ER (with MSFS default 777 panel)

DXB/OMDB > IKA/OIIE
Max Altitude : FL360
Cruise Speen : 0.78 Mach
AC : Opensky B737-900ER (with MSFS default 777 panel)

IKA/OIIE > FRA/EDDF
Max Altitude : FL380
Cruise Speen : 0.80 Mach
AC : Opensky A330-200 (with Overland A330 panel)

FRA/EDDF > IKA/OIIE
Max Altitude : FL390
Cruise Speen : 0.80 Mach
AC : Opensky A330-200 (with Overland A330 panel)

I was wondering if other users could consider this object during their flights and report it... Thank you
Mostafa - Simorgh Air Team Member

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: Ground Speed is marvelously increased during flight!

Post by flightsimer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:29 pm

i think the client is triggering something because i flying a 737-800 fully loaded with fuel from klax to phog which is only 2100nm and when i landed i had just 2% fuel. the range of the 737-800 is almost 3100nm, i was well within norm. cruise limits so wasnt burning more than normal fuel. so where is my extra 1000nm worth of fuel going? i ferried a MD-83 to phog from phog and landed with 20% fuel (client 1.0.0), tried to ferry a 737-800 couldnt even make it there... ever since the new client this is been happening.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:40 pm

1. The client does not change the speed you see in your kneeboard. It only reads the speed from the FS and doesn't write to it. Maybe you had some nice winds? ;)

2. The client only loads the fuel at the start of the flight. After fueling up your aircraft the client only reads the fuel once at the end of the flight in order to check how much fuel is left, and that's it...
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

alphi

Post by alphi » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:03 pm

I have also checked this issue in my 2 latest flight and i fiund that I have had this problem. :!:
The avarage GS between some waypoint what about 480kts but the kneeboard had recorded about 500 kts. :!:

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:15 pm

no the winds werent my problem, i dont fly with any weather... only once in a while will i fly with any weather...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:36 pm

This is really an issue with MSFS, nothing we do would influence what the knee board says. I am going to move this from Bugs to General cause its not really our problem.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:38 am

well seeming how it only happened with the client on (which i see i didnt mention), i would say it is a client related problem...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:16 am

The problem here is that the Client doesn't change anything. It doesn't add anything, all it does is stop you from using the File & Airplane menus and watch data provided by FSUIPC. If you're having a problem like what you describe, there's something else causing it (like a gauge that is improperly programmed), not something the client itself is doing since it's not actively doing anything.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:51 am

but why would it be that this was only happening when the client was running an active flight? i was able to refly this without it and landed with plenty of fuel. until v1.0.1 was released it was fine. with v1.0.0 it worked fine
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:01 am

Have you tried it with 1.0.3? I don't know why you'd have this issue because, again, the client is not actively changing anything that would result in the problem you describe.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:32 am

not with 1.0.3 will try it tomarrow...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways