Private Aircraft Question

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Izak
Ticket Agent

Private Aircraft Question

Post by Izak » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:41 am

Hi there guys what is the point of buying your own plane if you can't use it to make any $$$?

Dave Athay
Ticket Agent

Re: Newbie Walkthrough (Everything you need to know)

Post by Dave Athay » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:05 pm

The point of buying your own plane is to SPEND money. What's the point of MAKING money if you can't use it for anything?

Personal airplanes in FlyNET serve the same purposes as personal airplanes in the real world: recreation, transportation, and dissipation of surplus money. If it's not your thing, you don't have to do it. But the "private hangar" is probably my favorite feature in FlyNET.

Izak
Ticket Agent

Post by Izak » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:03 am

Understand that but thought it would be more fun if you could do charters and earn money faster so that you can buy bigger better planes :)
'Cause lets face it you gonna take a shit long time to earn 200 000 000v$ :O

Dave Athay
Ticket Agent

Post by Dave Athay » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:05 pm

You can't do charters with private aircraft in the real world, either. You need an air carrier certificate, which makes you, well, an airline. What private aircraft do you need v$200,000,000 for, anyway? v$25,000,000 gets you a slick Gulfstream that will take you anywhere in the world faster than most jet airliners. I've also got a King Air for around v$2,000,000 that I've flown all over North America. Unless you're the Sultan, Emir, or Prince of SOMETHING (or Bill Gates) you're probably not gonna be rolling in your own private 777. And even if you HAD the private jumbo, would you want to pay for gas?

The private aircraft feature here is pretty realistic, and pretty good just the way it is. It's nice to be able to go somewhere and just "file a flight plan" like in real life instead of having to add a flight to your airline's schedule.

As for charters, there's been a lot of discussion on here about that, too. I'd love to see a good way worked out to simulate "on-demand" or "non-scheduled" air carrier operations. But these are fundamentally different from either scheduled operations (which is what FlyNET specializes in) or "private" flights.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Private Aircraft Question

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:13 pm

Gentlemen, I ask that you please be courteous of other users in the future and not post material in tip threads that is not germane to that thread, such as what was posted above. I have split off the posts that are not on topic and moved them over to a separate thread in the appropriate forum.

Please be aware that the Tips & Tricks forum is not for discussion of features or the answering of questions. It is solely for the posting of tutorials and other information to be read and used. If you have a question about one of the tutorials or tips, then you're okay, but starting a new topic within a thread is unacceptable.