How did you get your ideas for VAs?

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

RTL

How did you get your ideas for VAs?

Post by RTL » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Owners of real-world-based VAs cannot answer that question.

As for me... I saw a VA whose paint scheme was based on a bus company, albeit virtual; I tries to redo that experiment but with a real bus company, hence the RTL.

To turn this:

into this:

globalmaster

Re: How did you get your ideas for VAs?

Post by globalmaster » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:15 pm

although i haven't yet got a paint scheme my idea came from the and old airline that used to go to birmingham called DUO and it was that with other airlines mixed together which are giving me the airline of my dreams

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:59 am

I originally based American Harmony Virtual Airline on Harmony Airlines (I think it's now defunct or charter...it's not in pax operation though) but out of KSEA with almost same paint scheme.
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:27 am

i live in the north eastern part of the US (Pittsburgh PA, to be exact... and yes i would consider that northeastern...) thats how i got North Eastern Airways... and i will be turning my va into a real world airline eventually... my paint, i made up but after i made them and started looking around, i found out that, from airlines that ive either read about, or have in fs, had actually played a part in my design... like my retro jets... i thought it up on my own, but it looks similar, to what a combination of American's retro jet, and Eastern Airlines' livery would look like...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:36 am

Simple RTL

I took a defunct British charter operation from the 70s aircraft and paint scheme

a scenic area I'm very familar with , that has some excellent freeware scenery in FS9

The thought that NO one really wants to sit at a computer for 7 or 8 hours but a 45 minute

leg is really nice. A bunch of very good guys who felt the same

et voila - Venture Hawaii aka Short attention Span airlines

So three years on we have a few pilots alot of aircraft to fly when and where we wish

we dont make a big deal about virtual money or "status" unless the rep points get to

low then everyone pitches in - We dont force people to fly specific types

or routes nor do we have any stipulation about how much or little you fly.

We have some excellent knowledgeable real world pilot types who fly with us

who enjoy teaching new folks

There you go thats the secret recipe

Mahalo

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:29 pm

basically i love going to France so i thought that it'd be great to have a go there as it's not very crowded va wise. Next i said 'I personally don't enjoy long haul flights' so i stuck a euro in front and decided all flights would be to europe (not saying i can't expand that)

Now wether i can get an opening date sorted i don't know yet!
Thanks
Geoff

MMattyK
Captain

Brussels Busy Jet...

Post by MMattyK » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:30 pm

I was a pilot in the Flynet VA Busy Jet, and just wanted to branch out on my own.
I decided on Brussels Busy Jet as it is the home of the European Union, and seemed to be the ideal place to have as a hub to fly all over Europe, to all member states of the European Union and Europe as a whole.
It fitted in with my shift patterns with the possibility of both short and medium range legs, easy to organise and run with a small fleet.

Boring huh :D

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:40 pm

I don't like flying real life airlines so I pasted a mermaid (which i like creating them) on the fuselage and moved myself to one of my favourite location on earth, the Caribbean :).

Cheers,

RTL

Post by RTL » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:51 pm

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f298/ ... KJFK-1.jpg

The Réseau de Transport de Longueuil familiarization flight :D

wisemanp

Post by wisemanp » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:58 am

Well when I was youunger, me and my brother had an imaginary company that was run by our teddies (yes, sad I know!) It was called PACEL (Posh And Crabby Enterprises Limitd) because the owners were called Posh and Crabby!
So when I got into flight sim and found Flynet, I just HAD to start an airline called PACEL Air!