Anyone own a private aircraft?

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

vikartindur

Anyone own a private aircraft?

Post by vikartindur » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:03 pm

hey,i just got myself a brandnew dornier do-27 on flynet.. here's the question? am i able to report my flight with the client? i saw that in my hangar section i can file a flightplan...

thanks

:arrow:

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi,

Your private flights are all flown using the client so that FlyNET can keep track of where your aircraft is and the fuel state etc. As a personal aircraft all flights will show in your logbook and charges for fuel and maintenance etc come from your personal budget. There is no multiplier applied to the costs so no worries there. All penalties (landing lights etc) still apply.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:17 pm

In my opinion, private aircrafts are a great way to waste money.
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:21 pm

And what would you suggest one doing with that money? Spend it on stuff from the pilot shop that gives them even less utility?

vikartindur

Post by vikartindur » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:28 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:And what would you suggest one doing with that money? Spend it on stuff from the pilot shop that gives them even less utility?
this was the answer i was thinking to add.. :) ( i sold my season nascar tickets and my car to afford for the dornier which cost slightly more than my cash )

i got my baby in my hangar. then i filed a flightplan. but after starting fs, when i ran the client it crashed. (tried too many times) i know i should post this in the bugs section. but does anyone have a quick clue about this problem?

thank you.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:09 pm

just bought a Cessna Citation II and tried to file a flight, and the client crashed on mine also... it must be a bug, caz its happening to me also.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:43 pm

Hi,

If you are opening the client and trying to 'Show Booked Flight' it does not work and is a known bug with the private flights. Just start the client and select 'Fly Booked Flight' and all should be OK.

Rgds

John
ImageImage

Dave Athay
Ticket Agent

Post by Dave Athay » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:29 pm

I've flown quite a few private flights and never had any problems with the client. I really like the private aircraft feature since it gives a way to fly something non-scheduled and "just for fun". I'd rather have a better private aircraft system than a stock exchange, personally.

Airboatr

Post by Airboatr » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:16 am

I just buy GA type AC with a company check
and let the pilots (me myself and I) fly them where ever they want
that way I (we) get paid for the flight and the company takes their cut to pay for it.

as far as what I will buy with my personal money is my buisness.

this is virtual right?

so I just make up that after I fly my commercial route
and I want to go visit some place I jump in the seat of one of my
piper PA-28-201R Arrow IIIs and take off, company gas card in pocket..

ohh and the company is great
I just snap my fingers and it's delivered any where I want it.

:lol:

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:29 am

I'm going to split Dave's post off to the "New Ideas" forum because I think it's a GREAT idea for how to handle the idea of aircraft rentals. I will expound on how great I think it is in that thread.

vikartindur

Post by vikartindur » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:23 pm

Quantum wrote:Hi,

If you are opening the client and trying to 'Show Booked Flight' it does not work and is a known bug with the private flights. Just start the client and select 'Fly Booked Flight' and all should be OK.

Rgds

John
i will try this, thank you john for your answer.

Tuna :arrow:
Pegasus Virtual

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi guys,

Just a quick observation if I may be so bold. This thread was started by someone requesting information on how he operates a private flight on FlyNET. This also sparked a question about the client crashing when viewing a private flight. This has somehow got into a debate on 'stockmarket'!

I am sure most users, especially new users would like topics to be kept on topic and not go meandering down other virtual avenues. If you see a topic and it sparks an idea then please start a new topic in the appropriate forum and not bog down specific threads. Hopefully the two users who had their questions answered will be able to pick through the bones of this thread without wondering "what the ..... is going on here".

Regards

John
ImageImage

vikartindur

Post by vikartindur » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:34 pm

Quantum wrote:Hi guys,

Hopefully the two users who had their questions answered will be able to pick through the bones of this thread without wondering "what the ..... is going on here".

Regards

John
well it was fun reading it :) but you are right, i agree on opening a new topic when the subject changes...

Tuna :arrow:
Pegasus Virtual

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:41 pm

Actually, if you think it's that big of a deal John (especially since the first question was answered before the thread went off on any tangents) I can quite easily split off the Stockmarket part to another thread. In fact, I think I will.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:47 pm

Hi Chris,

I just thought it funny how threads always start meandering. The initial thread was OK, the next question should have been in bugs I suppose and the rest should have been in new ideas. It's no wonder people can't find stuff in the forum when they want as it's like a landmine goes off and spreads everything in all directions. 'Twas just a reminder to make people think before they start shootin' from the hip in all directions.

Rgds

John
ImageImage