flagged

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Brittishia

flagged

Post by Brittishia » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:21 pm

http://www.flynet.turksim.org/index.php ... 659&p=4563

Hi

Someone flagged me for cheating, i didn't and can't find what i did wrong.

Please check this out, thanks guys.

Kurt

tjbaughn
Captain

Post by tjbaughn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:11 pm

Same happen to me, just someone pulling our chains I bet
ImageImage

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:54 pm

that was a perfect flight....

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:03 pm

I looked through and didn't find it when I saw the thread initially (just after posting). We've gotten a lot of flags in the last few days and most have been accepted as valid. I think there are people just flagging any flight that makes a large profit without actually looking at whether it should be flagged or not, and others are flagging if they see a low fuel burn without first looking at what kind of airplane is being flown. I've seen over 2 dozen flights in Cessnas get flagged and it's funny because all are perfectly within reason.

Thankfully it's a matter of hitting a button to bring up the flight report and another button to approve or deny it so it doesn't take long. As the system continues, I think we'll see a dropoff in flights being flagged because people will figure out that it's hard to fool the Admins.

Brittishia

Post by Brittishia » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:19 am

Thanks for clearing it up, i just didn't want to be portrayed as a cheat.

Kurt

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:01 pm

Hmm, let me play the fool one around. I know about the cheat flag but where do you see if you are flagged?
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Brittishia

Post by Brittishia » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:15 am

When you click on logbook, thats what i did, there was a red exclamation mark (!) by the flagged flight, i clicked info on that page and above, it said something along these lines: You have been flagged as cheating please contact and admin if this is wrong.

Kurt

Sjef Gielen

Post by Sjef Gielen » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:28 pm

One of our flights is flagged too,. For no reason, it was a perfectly honnes flight. No strange values in it.

Airboatr

Post by Airboatr » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:07 pm

In my opinion this is why it should not be anonymous
I believe if your going to call someone out you do it face to face or in public
giving the person you accuse a chance to defend themself.

Joe

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:07 am

That is the exact reason it is anonymous Joe. We don't want retaliation.

Again people - just because your flight gets flagged means NOTHING. The DB Admins will review EVERY flight and will approve or deny it on its merits alone. As it is, most of the flights that have been tagged so far were tagged automatically.

Reasons your flight will get flagged -

1) Bought no fuel
2) Burned more fuel than bought
3) Burned no fuel
4) Flight less than 20 minutes
5) Flight longer than stated range for aircraft used.

If your flight meets any of those requirements, then it'll get flagged. That's why we still review them. Sometimes you have flights where #1, 2, or 4 are acceptable. #3 and #5 are not, and thus will always get deleted.

Please people, this system is here for everyone, please don't turn it into a "he said-she said" or political (meaning that it's being done because of someone's actions, not because the flight was actually cheating). We may add a function for the ADMINS ONLY to see how the flag was generated to see if there are any patterns, but so far, 90% are automatically generated, so there's no reason to believe that anyone has been doing anything untoward in flagging flights.

Airboatr

Post by Airboatr » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:47 am

But ....lol ..chris
I was thinking that it would be done in a more mature
...................... well right.. NM

i got my own problems

If my power goes out one more time between LAX and DFW
I'm gonna shite and fall back in it. the runway was in site the last time.

ahhhhh!!

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:53 am

I mostly agree with Chris. It is much better to remain to keep it unonimous as we avoid personal hard feelings. Otherwise it would be just like stating a specific member is cheating, rught out in the pulic forums, something teh community has decided not to do.

Well, from a symbolic point of view, I don't like the whole concept as it reminds me other eras in my country's political history but as I said it is only symbolism involved.

I guess it adds more than it costs. I would prefer a different, more automated way to have it done since the feature may be abused by some people. In the end I believe the admins are taking their responsibility seriously so I see no serious defects with the usage of the new feature.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:22 am

Hi Chris,

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1) Bought no fuel
2) Burned more fuel than bought
3) Burned no fuel

Items 1, 2 and 3 are quite common. The choice of airport for refuelling (price) is an important factor so 'tanking' is quite common. It is also very common to be able to do multi sector flights without having to refuel at each stop.

4) Flight less than 20 minutes

CBFS have a lot of flights with short sector times especially within the Channel Islands and Scottish Isles.

5) Flight longer than stated range for aircraft used.

Can't argue with this one.

What you really need also are :

6) Block fuel low vs distance

7) Block time low vs distance

If some of these automatically flag a flight then you can expect quite a few.

If the action of pushing the button is completely anonymous to everyone, including admins then I think that needs to be changed to stop possible abuse. If the admins are able to see who has pushed the button then that's fine. If someone knows that when they push the button, it is they that are recorded as pushing it, then they make think twice about flagging every flight.

If a flight has been flagged andis beinginvestigated I hope you notify the pilot/CEO of this and not just delete the flight without their input first?

I thought the previous means of alerting to a possible cheat using email had worked fine. This new system can only create more work for the admins, pilots and the CEO's involved trying to fight/defend each case.

I can see you guys could find yourselves very busy and spending a lot of time in the 'courtroom', was the old way of notifying via email really that bad?

As a test, I've just flagged one of my own flights to see if any notification is sent to me or see if there is any visible sign on any pages where the flight is recorded. You can only see the flight has been flagged if you open up the details of the flight. Admins - Please remove the 'flag'. Chris, I've sent you and Konny an important PM re this,please read ASAP.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:21 am

May be would be more correct to change name of button from "Mark flight as cheated" to "Mark flight as erroneous" or "suspicious".
Current "cheated" makes users to start feel as "cheater", but I personally had one flight with very low block fuel just because wrong choice of fueling method and/or wrong order (fueled at FS after Client start).
So sometimes very low block fuel just mean a human error, which could be made consciously as well.

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:36 am

Kimis wrote:I personally had one flight with very low block fuel just because wrong choice of fueling method and/or wrong order (fueled at FS after Client start).
Have to make correction. Block fuel was ok during that erroneous flight, but fule bought was realy very low. and it was not due to full tanks. As far as I remember they were almost empty.