flagged

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:46 am

Quantum wrote:Items 1, 2 and 3 are quite common. The choice of airport for refuelling (price) is an important factor so 'tanking' is quite common. It is also very common to be able to do multi sector flights without having to refuel at each stop.
Of-topic

Fuelling full tanks because of fuel price usually do not give desired economical effect. Full tanks mean higher fuel consumption during taxi, takeoff, climb and even cruise. Once I've made few test flights on PMDG 737 with 100% full tanks, and with amount of fuel right for one leg and difference of FF was even higher than difference between fuel prices.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:53 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Reasons your flight will get flagged -

1) Bought no fuel
2) Burned more fuel than bought
3) Burned no fuel
4) Flight less than 20 minutes
5) Flight longer than stated range for aircraft used.
That's not 100% correctly, a flight automatically gets flagged only if

1) Flight less than 6 minutes
2) No fuel used

I think there's nothing wrong with these criteria.
And to ensure that admins can distinguish between automatically and manually flagged flights I just added that they can see who flagged the flight.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:46 pm

What you really need also are :

6) Block fuel low vs distance

7) Block time low vs distance

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I think the above suggestions by Quantum are a very good idea.I would also like to see something added to stop anybody flying an unairworthy aircraft,say less than 80% and it has to be serviced b4 it will fly.
Yours Stan

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:14 pm

The block fuel versus distance is difficult becuase it would require a lot of variables to be added to the database like average hourly fuel consumption or average fuel consumption per nautical mile, and that's an issue because neither are consistent, even on the same flight by the same airplane at the same time of day on consecutive days. Even if the weather were identical, it still wouldn't be identical fuel burn.

Also, the process is simple - if you cheat, the flight gets deleted and you get an e-mail. The number of flights being tagged is more than before, but it also highlights that there ARE people out there habitually cheating and not learning their lesson when they've been told via e-mail in the past that they were to stop cheating. I've already had to remove 1 pilot because he was notified at least twice via e-mail before the crash not to cheat anymore and he had 4 further flights with the same problem as before that were flagged under the new system. It's sad, that there are people like that, but this method works much faster than the old one. There is no defense for cheating. There are obvious forms of cheating and these people know that it's cheating. Every time they've acknowledged that they're cheating but the excuse almost universally was - "Others were doing it, so I thought it was okay".

Sorry, but we're not deleting flights that "might" be cheating, we're deleting flights that are unequivocally cheating.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:39 pm

Couldn't have said it better!

Checking fuel burn and flight time against distance is not that easy and I think that would go too far. What we have now is a way to easily find flights which obviously are suspicious. If someone really want's an advantage then he still can edit his aircraft.cfg in order to be burn less fuel, or use a different aircraft to fly that flight. But at the moment there's nothing we can do about those people and I don't think there really is a need to. I don't want to work on "how to most efficiently find EVERY cheater", this is not a game like "Counterstrike" where thousands of kids try to be the best. It's all about the fun here, and those who use unfair methods to get more money won't have fun on a long term and will leave FlyNET sooner or later anyway.

Can't believe that we're having such a discussion in the flightsimming community ;-).
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

tjbaughn
Captain

Post by tjbaughn » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:55 pm

Konny wrote:
"Can't believe that we're having such a discussion in the flightsimming community"

Could not have said it better!
ImageImage

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:18 pm

No names being named, but I just got notified about a huge cheater. On suspicion of one tagged flight (by a user) I reviewed the airline. Turns out that they had over 2.6 billion in ill gotten funds...

Needless to say, that isn't the case anymore.

Hopefully these people will learn.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:27 am

I also found a couple of people reporting themselves as cheating because they lost money on a flight or messed up so they're trying to fool us into deleting the flights so they can have a do-over. Needless to say, I accepted the flights. :twisted:

Anyway, just remember, the cheating button is for REAL cheaters. If you screwed up really bad and it was a total accident, let us know via PM or e-mail and we'll consider your request, but if you report it by flagging it as cheating - it'll get accepted every time. 8)

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:00 am

It could be by mistake cause every time i lok at 1 of my logs i am tempted to press the button.Perhaps it shouldn,t show on your own logs.
Yours Stan

Airboatr

Post by Airboatr » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:12 am

maybe a confirmmation button after the first one

......are you sure you want to report this flight as a cheater cheater pumkin eater?

something like that you know.......

:lol: :lol: