Does anyone fly in the US

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Does anyone fly in the US

Post by cmdrnmartin » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:13 pm

I'm not talking about Long Hauls in the US, I mean US domestic? I've seen Western, but they don't seem active. Europe seems like it will develop into a very volatile area.

This brings me to another point, maybe we should limit the number of Airlines, but not an actual cut off. Have seperate Databases, with slots for 200 Airlines in each. (200 is very high) I'm not the most computer savvy of people (ie I passed C++ programming) so I don't know what the expenses of this would be, or the feasability, but have each Database as a different world. I'm just basing this on airlineempires, which had, at its peak, something on the order of 1000 airlines, and it degenerated into pricing wars, really, really fast. By having a player limit per database/server, it would make the game much more accessible.

Comments on either issue?

cjk2448

Post by cjk2448 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:00 am

I just started Palm Air out of Florida, starting up with some regional southeast and northern caribbean flights, but looking to expland. Once I can get a couple aircraft I will start looking for some pilots, although that doesn't mean you can't give me a shout now :-P.

If you are qualified in the E170 please let me know - I am looking at purchasing about 4 or 5 for Palm Air, so that is what you would be flying for the time being. :twisted:

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:05 pm

Heh, I suppose I should have put a qualifier into that, I'm only looking because I wnt to get another ANATARES member, I fly Wardair, the 2nd largest airline on FLYNet, and member of ANTARES alliance. Check out the ANTARES post in th market place (its a sticky near the top of the page) or readd through most of the posts in MBL and Kiwaroos forums, to see how being part of an alliance benefits you.
The guidelines for entry can be found on the ANTARES page.

And Good Luck with your airline!

PS: I can't stand the E-170, Im a fan of the Fokker 70 and 100 myself, for short hauls. My longer haulers are all Boeings...

JJacobs

Post by JJacobs » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:51 pm

CAP would fly all over the country if there were more pilots. But I'm the only active member as of now.