Using FSNav..... HOW?!?!?!!?!?!?!

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

imboden

Using FSNav..... HOW?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Post by imboden » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:27 am

So i just got FSNav... And I am so very confused on how to make it work.. Is anyone out there willing to help me just make it worK?

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:21 pm

Have you read the manual? It's difficult to explain fully thw FSNav from a mail but in general you have to create a flight plan. On the upper left window you choose your waypoints. Normally the first and last waypoints should be your departure and destination airports. Just type the name of your departure airport and press ENTER. The airport will appear just below (the same window). Right click on it and from the drop down window select "Add to Flightplan". The departure airport will be moved to the window right which is your flightplan.
Do the same for your destination airport. That's it you have a "direct to" plan. You can add as many waypoints as you wish the same way.
In the Flightplan's window you can change the sequence of your waypoints by simply drag-and drop them to the appropriate positions. Each time you modify something your route is also modified on FSNav's map.
Press the button "Fly FP" which is located on the left side of the screen, return to your FS screen and takeoff. As soon as you engage the autopilot, FSNav will take control of your aircraft and will fly the Flight Plan for you.

Once again this is a very general description as FSNav has many many features (SID/STAR, holdings, speed, alitude, EOC/BOD points calculation based on aircraft etc.). It will be necessary to read the manual but this is a good start.

You can swap betwenn FS and FSNav simply by clicking F9.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines