Stupid question time

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Terror

Stupid question time

Post by Terror » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:02 am

Ok so here is my stupid question. What is the purpose of the personal account? I am starting to get to a while small it is still a respectable amount of money. But I am not sure what to do with it. I have looked thru the aircraft list and there is nothing there I would want to buy as a personal aircraft. Wish there was a few fun aircraft Eg Spit or Stang i could buy and restore but uderstand that those aircrfat will most likely not be implemented. So back to my original question what can I do with the money beside using it as a personal scoreboard?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:38 am

"Future Development" is the best answer. There will be other things to buy and do in the future.

Terror

Post by Terror » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:19 am

I think I just found my answer. the Casa 1.131. i just installed one and tried it in FSX with track IR. it was awsome and once I found how well thermals work with biplanes I am in heaven. Now to see if I can buy one for my personel aircraft :)

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:35 am

Load the data for it Terror and Im sure the Mods will approve it - I fly (as do other VA Members) Rick Pipers superb Chipmunk
keep it based at Hana on Maui and its great to go do Aeros in or just putt about the islands looking at places that VHA DOESNT go to (There are a load of little airfields on the Big Island)

So give them the data (If your not sure - go to data base - aircraft TYPE and add new type :)
make sure you have all the numbers ready - and you'll be good to go
enjoy and have fun

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

Wolfar100
Chief Pilot

Post by Wolfar100 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:48 pm

This is what I am saving up for. :wink:

Extra 300S 1 300.000 v$

Check it out if you want to relax flying in a stunt plane. :lol:
Wolfar

Wolf AirLines CEO
http://members.cox.net/wolfar/index.htm

20 Year US Navy Retired
Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters

Terror

Post by Terror » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:29 pm

IslandBum wrote:Load the data for it Terror and Im sure the Mods will approve it - I fly (as do other VA Members) Rick Pipers superb Chipmunk
keep it based at Hana on Maui and its great to go do Aeros in or just putt about the islands looking at places that VHA DOESNT go to (There are a load of little airfields on the Big Island)

So give them the data (If your not sure - go to data base - aircraft TYPE and add new type :)
enjoy and have fun

Leif
It was already in the system :) Now my next question I have filed a flight plan for my personal aircraft. how do I fly that flight plan?

Wolfar100
Chief Pilot

Post by Wolfar100 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:04 am

Terror wrote:
IslandBum wrote:Load the data for it Terror and Im sure the Mods will approve it - I fly (as do other VA Members) Rick Pipers superb Chipmunk

enjoy and have fun

Leif
It was already in the system :) Now my next question I have filed a flight plan for my personal aircraft. how do I fly that flight plan?
Hmm, best guess here. Make a flight plan and book the flight?
Wolfar

Wolf AirLines CEO
http://members.cox.net/wolfar/index.htm

20 Year US Navy Retired
Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:55 am

If you book the flight, you also have to have the liscence (?) to fly it from the CEO of the airline, else that flight remains your booked flight... well, that was my situation anyway... filed a flight plan for my DH89, and flew it, but the flight remained booked as I didn't have a liscence to fly the ac from the CEO... and not only that, but I couldn't cancel the flight either!
Having got the liscence to fly the Rapide, everything then fell into place and the booked flight could be flown... and had to also book flight back to get back to start point... :D

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:11 am

Mat, you definitely do not have to have a Type Rating from your VA to fly a personal aircraft. If you own it, you can fly it. To fly the flight, file a flight plan, start the client once you're in the cockpit and ready to fly, click on the "Fly Booked Flight" button, and it'll put you through the usual "How much fuel?" screen before sending you off to fly. Once you're done, it'll close your flight and tell you how much you just spent flying your personal aircraft from A to B.

Terror

Post by Terror » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:01 pm

I keep doing that and it always shows no flight booked. I check in my hanger at flynet and it shows a flight is booked. I can't figure it out. I could understand if I got an error eg wrong plane or wrong airport but I keep getting no flight booked. So the plane is just setting at the airfield I can't fly it on flynet and I can't unbook the flight.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:45 pm

I can only relate the experience I had Cap'nFlyer... You're right in that I could fly the flight, but in my case, it put myself at the destination and left the the Rapide at start point, without ending the booked flight... and nor could I cancel it; but I am using FS2000 and a novice at both FS2000 and FlyNet; and I cant remember if I set the parking brakes after the flight or not at the time... but I've learn't now :)