Happy New Year !

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Happy New Year !

Post by Konny » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:06 pm

Only six hours left for me in 2005. So this is probably my last post this year :-)
I think it's time for a little resumé:

The idea of FlyNET came up during the last week of sommer holiday ( mid september ). After being bored for several weeks I finally came up with something to do...grr, a bit too late ;-)
Together with my friend I started developing and after four weeks we thought it was time to get some beta-testers. So we made some posts in a few flight sim forums and hey...there really were people interested in FlyNET :-) We planned to get the beta-test done in 4 weeks ( lol, I was young and naive ;-) ) but there were so many new features which were requested and furthermore my friend had to concentrate on school, etc. I had to do most work on my own and things went on rather slowly ... until now ;-). Unfortunately, this will last until the 27th of January, when I will have my thesis for school done.

Well, and I have to thank you guys for assisting me. A big "Thank You" for your ideas, the bugs you reported, the aircraft data you added, pictures, etc and all the nice discussions here in the forums. Maybe this also helps to get rid of my bad english marks ;-)

Ok, need to go now. I wish you all a Happy New Year !
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:22 pm

Have a great new year as well, FlyNET really is a great programme and we gotta thank Konny for that.

So thanks Konny
Thanks
Geoff

dogfighter2111

Post by dogfighter2111 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:13 pm

Yes, thanks for FlyNET Konny. No idea where North Star would be with out you.

Happy New Year.

Thanks
Mike

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Happy New Year !

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:30 pm

Konny wrote:Only six hours left for me in 2005. So this is probably my last post this year :-)
I think it's time for a little resumé:

The idea of FlyNET came up during the last week of sommer holiday ( mid september ). After being bored for several weeks I finally came up with something to do...grr, a bit too late ;-)
Together with my friend I started developing and after four weeks we thought it was time to get some beta-testers. So we made some posts in a few flight sim forums and hey...there really were people interested in FlyNET :-) We planned to get the beta-test done in 4 weeks ( lol, I was young and naive ;-) ) but there were so many new features which were requested and furthermore my friend had to concentrate on school, etc. I had to do most work on my own and things went on rather slowly ... until now ;-). Unfortunately, this will last until the 27th of January, when I will have my thesis for school done.

Well, and I have to thank you guys for assisting me. A big "Thank You" for your ideas, the bugs you reported, the aircraft data you added, pictures, etc and all the nice discussions here in the forums. Maybe this also helps to get rid of my bad english marks ;-)

Ok, need to go now. I wish you all a Happy New Year !
Happy New Year Konny, may the new year bring you much happiness and joy (And continual improvments to your stellar FLYNet!)

tsb

Post by tsb » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:31 pm

Yes Konny Happy New Year and keep the good work coming, you've really made a great program and I'm glad that I'm a Beta tester so i can see it before anyone else! :lol:

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:49 am

New Year's wishes going out to you and all other beta testers. Flynet is a great way to make new friends and give a relative meaning to flying all over the place a.k.a having fun doing nothing while the plane is on the autopilot :roll:

I really enjoy this initiative: Flynet is accurate, fun to use, a good basic education of how airlines work, enjoyable, and very polyvalent. You've done a great job, and i'll raise my beer tonight to the past success and certainly bright future of FlyNet!

ben_davies247

Post by ben_davies247 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:54 pm

Yes, Happy New Year Konny, Thanks for FlyNet, Wonderful piece of programming, Well Done!