Adjusting aircraft weight

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

kevin

Adjusting aircraft weight

Post by kevin » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:36 am

Does the flynet client adjust the weight accordingly or do we do it manually through MSFS for realism purposes?

BFuller

Post by BFuller » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:47 am

Manually

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:20 am

This is actually quite hard to do, the client can not set the payload amount the way it sets the fuel amounts (FSIUCP limitation). FlyNET does not know exactly how much cargo you are going to carry until you enter the amount of fuel you are going to buy, and then its too late to go into the MSFS settings window to set the fuel amount.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Alky

Post by Alky » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:59 am

What determines how much pax and how much cargo you carry? I just bought a DC-3 and it seems to carry a decent amount of both at the same time and yet my CRJ carries mostly pax with only a bit of cargo. I understand that in real life this would likely be the case in that comparison, but 33 pax and 5000 kg's cargo in a DC-3 ?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:08 am

The current method,

Flynet Assumes 100kg per passenger.

The maximum allowed cargo is reduced by 25kg per passenger to cover there baggage.

Dry weight of aircraft + weight of passengers + weight of fuel + weight of cargo must be below maximum take off weight of aircraft, and cargo is the first thing that is reduced to get below MTO, not sure if passangers would be reduced.

The cargo amount could be reduced further because of airline repuation or competion but I am not sure how that works.

Take a look at the aircraft types in the database to see what the limits are.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:52 pm

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but Joe's got it backwards. People and baggage are bumped first, not cargo. Cargo pays much more than passengers, so the airlines never bump it off the flight.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:57 pm

Chris, RW maybe, but thats not the way the client operates.