To say Hi.

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Growler

To say Hi.

Post by Growler » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:25 pm

Just a few lines to introduce myself.
Whilst I'm not into REAL heavies, I can pretty much fly and land anything without having the wheels come through the wings. It's been a while since I flew a real flightplan as I moved from being an IL2 Jock for years, then no flying at all, then an enjoyable period as a short haul/bush Pilot.
I've set up a VA, although I'm not sure that's a good thing after reading how one man VA's are frowned upon, so I'm open to ideas.
I WON'T fly simply as an employee for someone else, I AM open to offers and ideas on what to do within Flynet.

Pleased to meet you all.

Growler (Stevie)

BFuller

Post by BFuller » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:41 pm

Heya Growler, welcome aboard.

Nothing wrong with starting a 1 man VA, it helps you learn the system, but you will notice that FlyNet is more about making a VA grow, and not so much the Pilot like on FSE.

Glad to see you.

George_F

Post by George_F » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:33 am

Hey Growler, nice to see you again... seems like everyone is migrating over here :D
I just joined up too, haven't got a clue what's going on here :lol:

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:28 am

Hello Growler,welcome to Flynet.I started my own VA,just buy or lease an aircraft and away you go.Just make sure you dont go over 250knots below 10,000ft on t/o and make sure you turn your landing lights off before passing thru 10,000ft.On landing, landing lights on below 10,000ft and again not over 250mph.Not as easy as FSE to find your way around but after a few flights you soon get the drift of it.
Yours Stan

Growler

Post by Growler » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:52 am

Nice to see you guys again and thanks for the advice Stan. (Turning the landing lights off in Scotland means the the bulb at the top of the stairs.)
I have a lot of hours flying heavies, so apart from the language barrier when I talk to English ATC, I'm ready to go.....

Frunt

Post by Frunt » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:55 pm

Good to see ya Growler........love the bit about landing lights! :D

My first trips, i'd get "pulled" for either the LL's.........or over 250 below 10k, think i'm hopefully a bit more aware now!

Catcha later.........................Tramp