XP12 & FS Airlines Client

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

cajunjosh
Ticket Agent

XP12 & FS Airlines Client

Post by cajunjosh » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:19 am

Looking forward to XP12 and hoping our favorite Virtual Airline client will be around shortly behind. Are there any foreseen difficulties with the aging XPUIPC client or any plans to establish a unique client that can pull directly from XP12 or are we in a wait and see mode with regard to the client and XP12?

Hope all is well Joe, take care!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: XP12 & FS Airlines Client

Post by joefremont » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:10 am

We had a native x-plane client one but it was developed in the v9 days and the person who developed it is no longer active on the site. I tried to update it to 64 bit for v11 but it was not very stable and I did not feel I had the time or expertise to do the job properly, so I withdrew it because XPUIPC was working well. I have my fingers crossed that it will keep working as the people who worked on it have disappeared.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

chrisjk84
Ticket Agent

Post by chrisjk84 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:08 pm

According to sources both w/ LR and other developers. If the plugin works in XP11.55 it will work in XP12.
So if you have plugins using OpenGL that work with X-Plane 11.55 under Vulkan or Metal, it should continue to work in the next generation world as well. The one exception here being the modern3D drawing phase. Due to the new lighting engine being completely photometric, old school 3D drawing doesn’t work anymore because it’s not in on the joke that pixels aren’t plain rgb8 triplets anymore. I can’t talk about a replacement yet, but this is certainly something you might want to keep in mind if you are about to start writing a new plugin today.

Other than that, custom panel and GUI drawing will continue to work just like it does right now.
https://developer.x-plane.com/2021/08/n ... gl/#OpenGL

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:56 pm

Moving the topic as its more an FSA question than an airline question.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.