A few package questions

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

CRGaming
Ticket Agent

A few package questions

Post by CRGaming » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:42 pm

Hi,

So my first question is, how are packages generated? Obviously some airports have way more then others. Are these fixed values of packages produced? Does flying packages in and out of a airport make that airport produce more? I like flying out of KPHL but its not a great freight hub. Will constantly flying packages in and out change that? Also are new packages produced at midnight or throughout the day?

Also, can someone please explain how to effectively use the hub and spoke modal? From my understanding, smaller planes bring freight to a hub. Then a big plane takes all the freight to another hub. Then smaller plans distribute it. The problem is, small planes cant handle the larger package size even if they have the cargo room. So we end up with a 747-8 filled with small packages for the hub to hub transfer. Going direct and chasing the large packages seems more profitable for the big planes. (instead if filling with a lot of small packages) Am i incorrect here? If so please explain how to use warehouses effectively.

Thanks,
Cody