AN-225

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

AN-225

Post by Cat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:16 pm

The only AN-225 in the world has been destroyed by Russian attacks on Ukraine. So does that have any effect at all on the AN-225 operations in FSA?
:shock:
Personal Opinion: The ones in service should be able to continue but all new "sales" should be halted. VA's would only be able to get an AN-225 when another VA goes bankrupt or is dissolved.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: AN-225

Post by joefremont » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:04 pm

I have been searching for clear news on weather the AN-225 had been destroyed or not. I have read that Ukraine's minister of foreign affairs reported it had been destroyed, but I am not sure if the airport in question is under Russian or Ukrainian control.

As for how it impacts FSA, we don't currently require that an aircraft is currently in service, only that it had been in service at some point, which is good news for all those who like to fly vintage aircraft like the Constellation, Concorde, Comet, VC-10, B314, etc... where there are no more flying examples.

We are not a political site, despite my personal feelings on the unjustness of the recent war, I am not going to take any action to cut off access to this site from residents of any of the involved countries.

I think for now, given the uncertainty, I am very tempted to ground all the AN-225's until the current fighting has ended, actually I think I am going to do that.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:19 pm

Just read a report that says it was undergoing engine change/maintenance and unable to fly out in advance of the attacking forces. What a shame.
:(

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:42 pm

I have posted this on the site news channel.
Ukraine - AN-225
It appears the worlds only AN-225 may have been destroyed in the current Russian invasion of Ukraine. As a gesture of respect for the loss of this great aircraft and for the hardships of the Ukrainian people I am grounding all AN-225's for the duration of this war. For any airlines that wish to give up there AN-225's submit a support ticket and we will buy them back.

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Post by ep-irl » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:49 pm

Currently doing a flight to CYYT in our 225, i will land and park it up as a mark of respect in 40 minutes from now and take a different plane to continue the packages. hope this is ok

always remember Planes can be rebuilt, lives cant......:(

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Post by ep-irl » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:29 pm

the reason i choose the 225 today was to show my solidarity to the Ukrainian people, and fly a plane with the Ukrainian flag/colors on the side.
I personally think we should still fly it for the above reason, but i respect you're decision to ground the 225

it is so sad that this plane is burnt (i hope its not 100% destroyed)
and for all the people that are effected by this pointless war

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:46 am

ep-irl wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:49 pm
Currently doing a flight to CYYT in our 225, i will land and park it up as a mark of respect in 40 minutes from now and take a different plane to continue the packages. hope this is ok

always remember Planes can be rebuilt, lives cant......:(
Of course that's fine, when I decided I had to do this there were three aircraft in flight, I did not want to disturb any of those. All the others were idle and empty of packages, so those are marked as grounded, I left the others alone but made a tweak to the booking code so they can't be flown again, so there flights can be finished and any packages on them resolved.

If someone needs packages removed or the aircraft transferred let me know in a support ticket and I will take care of it.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:53 am

War is hell, War is hell.

What an absolute shame if she can't be rebuilt a true loss to the aviation sector after all her hard work during the Pandemic.

Slava Ukrayini :!: :!:

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:00 am

I am sad to put the un-certainty to rest.

RIP Mriya [Dream in Ukrainian]

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:12 pm

ADAM-007 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:00 am
I am sad to put the un-certainty to rest.

RIP Mriya [Dream in Ukrainian]
Yeah, thats sad. Main wing damaged and forward section of the aircraft totally destroyed. That is going to take a lot to fix, not sure it would ever be economical to do so, Maybe if the parts from AN-225 #2 are intact they could be combined to make one whole aircraft, but who knows.

Pops
Rampie

Post by Pops » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:24 pm

@ joefremont
Joe, I respectfully ask you if you would change your mind about the grounding of the 225. I fully understand the reason why you did. I look at it another way. The people of Ukraine have had pure HELL brought down on them through no fault of their own. They are fighting back with anything they can make into a weapon. From the reports I have heard on the news, I understand that they will rebuild the AN-225 again. They would be flying this plane now if they had one. We stand in solidarity with the Ukrainian people in RL as most of our countries are and in the Virtual world also. All I am trying to say, in my opinion, the invaders win if we give up and ground the plane.
Thanks
Pops
Last edited by Pops on Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

OutlawCargo-Jarrod
Ticket Agent

Post by OutlawCargo-Jarrod » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:00 am

I Agree on allowing the Antonov 225 to come back aswell
It's Fine Airlines

CRGaming
Ticket Agent

Post by CRGaming » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:35 pm

I don't quite get why is is grounded in FSairlines. This is a virtual world which generally is not affected by the real world. We are hear to fly cool planes, not to get into the politics behind them.

OutlawCargo-Jarrod
Ticket Agent

Post by OutlawCargo-Jarrod » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:09 pm

CRGaming wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:35 pm
I don't quite get why is is grounded in FSairlines. This is a virtual world which generally is not affected by the real world. We are hear to fly cool planes, not to get into the politics behind them.
I paid a lot for my 225 and I only have 1 pilot that likes to fly it and he can’t
It's Fine Airlines

Robert Neumaier
Ticket Agent

Post by Robert Neumaier » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:17 am

Hello to all Pilots, Hi Joe,

Yes, that war at the Ukraine is heartbreaking, so many innocent people are dying just for that dictator Putin.
I have donated some money to support the NGOs, that are trying to help the Ukranian people. And i truely appreciate Joe´s decision to ground the AN225 in respect to the Ukranian fighting people.

yes, the AN225 is destroyed, but to my knowledge, as they were creating and building that aircraft many years ago, they ( the Soviets ) not only were creating one AN225, but they were about to create a second AN225. It was not finished as they were running out of money at those days, and due to the change within the Soviet System at those days.

So, there is a big big chance to see that wonderful aircraft back in air. either they do finish building that second ( almost done aircraft ), or the Ukranians are fixing the lost one.

The world is NEEDING that aircraft. !!! so many huge heavy cargos need to be transported by air....not by ships !!!

Saying all this, and respecting the Ukranians, we all see lots of demo going on around the world, waving flags and supporting the great people of Ukrania. And this so so good.

That Kremlin boss might be able to destroy buildings, hospitals, kindergardens, kill innocent people, but he wont ... never ... be able to destroy the spirit of the Ukranians, longing for freedom !

So, i suggest, that we support their fight for freedom in having the destroyed AN225 back in air ! to make the world see, that UKRANIA is ALIVE !

Let us bring back the proud of Ukranian aircrafts back in the OPEN sky ! Let their spirit fly !!!

They do need it.
The world needs it.

and FSA needs it !

let us all celibrate the open, free Sky with having the Ukranian( aero ) pride flying all over the free world !!!!

let the sim touch reality !

best greetings
Robert