Changing Seat Configurations

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Dakota PIlot
Ticket Agent

Changing Seat Configurations

Post by Dakota PIlot » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:10 am

I've been able to create different seat configurations for aircraft such as the DC-3 in the past. I recently purchased a Beech D18S, BE18 and created a cargo configuration which is the same as the empty configuration listed in the aircraft information but I am unable to select either the empty or my configuration on the aircraft information page. I know I'm missing something simple here but can't figure out what it is.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Changing Seat Configurations

Post by joefremont » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:36 pm

To simplify life on some of the smaller aircraft we defined them as 'folding seats' where the seat can't be removed but can be folded to allow more cargo on a flight without having to change the seating configuration. If you want to load more packages onto the AC then just load the packages on before booking the flight, or limit the passengers when you book the flight and you can use all the remaining capacity for cargo.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Mesquaki
Ticket Agent

Post by Mesquaki » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:54 am

Glad Dakota asked as I too was curious. I am also curious on the *store seats* option. I have 4x DC-3's in my fleet and one of them I can click the checkmark on *Empty configuration* and I see the boxes with *Store seats* but on 3x DC-3's I do not see the *store seats* option. I am wondering what that is for or why I see on one but not the other three DC-3's?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:19 pm

You can store the seats if you have some place at that airport to store them, I.e. a warehouse or office or maintenance center.

Dakota PIlot
Ticket Agent

Post by Dakota PIlot » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:23 pm

So I need to either go to an airport with a maintenance center such as LIRF where my Connie is and the seat changing is available and my Beech is at Rockford, Illiniois, KRFD and has no maintenance center so I can't store them. So I need to move to an airport with a center or get a Platinum account which allows me to create offices, warehouses, and mainteance centers (I am Gold now). Is that correct?

Thanks for clarify the seat change process.

Mesquaki
Ticket Agent

Post by Mesquaki » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:19 am

Dakota PIlot wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:23 pm
So I need to either go to an airport with a maintenance center such as LIRF where my Connie is and the seat changing is available and my Beech is at Rockford, Illiniois, KRFD and has no maintenance center so I can't store them. So I need to move to an airport with a center or get a Platinum account which allows me to create offices, warehouses, and mainteance centers (I am Gold now). Is that correct?

If I recall, there was some updates/changes made and we GOLD now can have a small warehouse and VA Office (if I am incorrect Joe please correct me). So that is where we can store our seats. Since I have a small warehouse in CYYC, that was why I could see the option to store my seats in my DC-3 versus the others at other locations where I do not have a warehouse.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:31 am

Mesquaki wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:19 am
Dakota PIlot wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:23 pm

If I recall, there was some updates/changes made and we GOLD now can have a small warehouse and VA Office (if I am incorrect Joe please correct me). So that is where we can store our seats. Since I have a small warehouse in CYYC, that was why I could see the option to store my seats in my DC-3 versus the others at other locations where I do not have a warehouse.
Absolutely correct

Dakota PIlot
Ticket Agent

Post by Dakota PIlot » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:45 pm

Mesquaki wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:19 am
Thanks. This is great to know.

Dakota PIlot
Ticket Agent

Post by Dakota PIlot » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:53 am

I can't do it as I it says for Advanced Finances cannot be used for Limited Airlines. However, I am Gold according to the Premium Account page.

Update. Evidently I can as I can go to fleet and there is the airport center. I was watching the video by Sam S. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9-OmjHea8) who indicated I needed advanced finances so I guess that is a change.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:57 pm

Yes, most of those videos were made quite some time ago and a lot of changes have been made to the system since. It has been my intention to remake them all but real world life seems to get in the way and takes up most of my time at the moment.

Dakota PIlot
Ticket Agent

Post by Dakota PIlot » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:18 am

Cat wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:57 pm
Yes, most of those videos were made quite some time ago and a lot of changes have been made to the system since. It has been my intention to remake them all but real world life seems to get in the way and takes up most of my time at the moment.
Believe me, I understand all too well. I've not been active in my FSA due to unexpected real life things happening. No worries. I went ahead and tried it anyway and found I can create the warehouse or center.