Ticket Agent

Help with flight simulator X

Post by Bigdog2995 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:01 pm

Ask FSX questions here.

fackprod
Ticket Agent

Re: Help with flight simulator X

Post by fackprod » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:33 pm

Many commercial aircraft rely on the FMC to control most aspects of the flight including specification of target arrival runway. Question is how far in advance is active runway advised and how is this done in the real world. In FSX we have complete ctrl over this. But even if a route to a particular runway is plotted in the FSX flight plan if we then call ATC it alwsys seems to direct you to an alternate runwssy that involves a 'downwind' leg. I ask this question as FSX ATC can challenge fuel reserves particularly on long haul flights. Using ATC and accepting its weaknesses does add to the realism somewhat and takes the guesswork out of intercepting the glideslope at unfamiliar airports.

So if we use FMC do we also not use ATC. Or is there another option that allows FMC and ATC to be on the same page re target runway.

Bigdog2995
Ticket Agent

Post by Bigdog2995 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:50 am

I can show you some cool things with default fsx aircraft autopilot if you want to set up a time this weekend, I'll fly with you to show you :)

fackprod
Ticket Agent

Post by fackprod » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:01 am

Sorry i missed your response . Yes I would love to gain more knowledge of any aspects of FSX. IT would also allow me to understand how to set up and to participate in 'jshared flying. Can we do weekend of 18-9 Feb. I am trying to set up our first Bonus flight for next weekend.
Thanks