Login ads not staying in proper dimensions

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ravenblade
Ticket Agent

Login ads not staying in proper dimensions

Post by ravenblade » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:06 am

Greetings. I’m uploading jpeg images within the 50kb limit for advertisements. I see other ads that have various dimensions. Some appear 500h x 300w. Others 500 x 500. Still others 200h x 500w.

No matter the dimensions of the image I load, it will appear as something close to 300h x 500w once posted to the FSAirlines website. This distorts the ad.

What am I doing wrong and what should I do to correct this problem?

Thanks!

Dan
"The first jet I ever saw, I shot down." ~General Chuck Yeager

ravenblade - CEO - All American

brazvo
Ticket Agent

Re: Login ads not staying in proper dimensions

Post by brazvo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:27 pm

I found one thing. When you upload an image for a new advertisement to be showing let's say 10 days, for the very first upload it reads the image dimensions and save the dimensions. Unfortunately, if you decide to change dimensions of the image, you cannot. You may re-upload the image or upload another image with the same dimensions only.

I don't know if this is a bug or feature, but actually you may upload an image with new dimensions only when the advertisement period ends and you create a new advertisement.

I guess that when you upload an image it counts the fee from the image dimensions, so if you pay for 500wx200h image, you cannot change the dimensions until the period ends.

Bruno