Airline structure and Advanced Finances

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

fackprod
Ticket Agent

Airline structure and Advanced Finances

Post by fackprod » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:17 pm

Is Advanced Finances a top level on/off function that applies to the whole airline only, or is there a way to create a fleet/division at a lower level that Advanced Finances can be applied to.

As a small airline we have some pilots interested in flying the packages market and some not interested. I am trying to work out a structure that would satisfy both camps thus avoiding the risk of losing pilots and reducing the risk of bankrupting the airline . I have watched a range of FSA videos on YouTube and read the wiki and forums but no obvious option jumps out.

Do I need to create a new airline and set up a partnership and codeshare routes and activate the Advanced Finances flag for the partner airline. Pilots that want to carry cargo would fly the strategic codeshare routes. This option is not particularly elegant. As CEO (indeed currently jack of all trades) I can only be active in one airline at a time.

I know there are some smart people out there. Just wondering if anyone else has toyed with this.
Thanks
Alastair

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Airline structure and Advanced Finances

Post by joefremont » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:08 pm

Advanced finance is more a VA level thing than a pilot level thing, you can still pickup packages with advanced finance turned off, you just can't build warehouses and airport centers to transfer them to. Other advanced finance features includes selling loans or leasing out your aircraft, parking fees, etc.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.