Time to Say Good Bye

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Time to Say Good Bye

Post by flightsimer » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:38 am

For those of you who actually remember me...

Well, as I'm sure most of you saw a few months ago, the Used market was flooded with aircraft from North Eastern Airways. That was because I let my account expire due to a few reasons, mainly being it did not automatically withdraw as it was supposed to, so I lost the discount from when the site went "paid service" and I do not feel it is worth the full rate for the overall lack of forward progress since I started. I also just felt it was time for me to move on, as I got older, the game became less of my life (thankfully lol), however I enjoyed my time here and would do it over again.

I founded North Eastern Airways all the way back in 2007, Back before it was FSAirlines when the site was still known as Flynet. Over the years, I got to fly with many pilots who flew for my company and I also flew alongside numerous other airlines in multiplayer. I flew my ass off with this game and literally spent more time managing this game then I did towards school at the time. Summer Months were used creating massive flight plans in notepad to use the mass upload feature. If you guys could only see the system I came up with to do this... I even created a full excel sheet that has over 15 different pages in it that was used to track the entirety of my airline. I could tell you anything from my fleet numbers to the monthly increase in value to the amount of money that was "spent" on fuel for the month. I had it all covered in that sheet. Half of the fun I had in running North Eastern Airways was the management aspect.

Notice, I only used Increase and not Increase/Decrease; that was because from the time I entered the game to the time I left, I never had a decrease in value. Not once. I remember for sure that my ending Balance when I last logged on was over 82 Billion.

My last flight for the system was probably in early 2011 when I was still in high school. Since then, I have been working towards my real world flying. I am already a Single Engine Private Pilot (Since 2011) with an Instrument rating (Since 2012) and I added a Multi Rating in fall of 2012. I'm currently 25hrs away from Being a Single/Multi Engine Rated Commercial Pilot. Hopefully by the end of the Month, I will have taken that checkride and because I'm working on my CFI/CFII while working on my Commercial (i'm Part 61 Comm), I am hoping to have my CFI by end of November. I'm also planning on getting a C-47 type rating this coming spring so I can fly the C-47 I'm helping restore at the museum I have belonged to since 2008. If you are interested at all in that plane, you can follow my restoration thread here: http://warbirdinformationexchange.org/p ... =3&t=49609

It was really fun watching the system progress. I remember when the first official alliance was launched and then follow on ones were launched, but in the end, not a single alliance remains to this day.

I opened up my Spread sheet and the last time I updated it which was long before I stopped using the system, I had 707 aircraft listed as being owned. I had at least one of every Airbus or Boeing aircraft (all Variants). I had 39 hubs on six of the seven continents. Major numbers within those fleets. Most of these types, I was the largest user of.

45 A320
30 A330-300
*25 A380
44 737-800
*48 737-900ER
12 747-400
*27 747-400ER
*10 747-8I (I think I ended with 20)
*5 747-8F ( I think I ended with 10)
29 757-200
*20 757-300
29 767-300ER
10 777-200LR
*32 777-300ER
*22 777-200LRF
*20 787-8 ( I think I ended with 25-30)
*40 Q400

* Means I know I was for sure the largest user at the time I last actively managed/flew in Late 2011

So with that all said, It is time I close this thread with one last goodbye.

Like the great airlines of the past such as BC North, Ionathan Airlines (Version 1), Frontline Dirty Dozen and many others who I can no longer remember, North Eastern Airways has flown its last flight and is now an airline of the past.

Good luck to all !

Tyler Pinkerton
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Stan
Chief Pilot

Re: Time to Say Good Bye

Post by Stan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Bon Voyage Tyler and good luck with your flying career.
I was hoping to buy you out using your Merger system but never got the chance,sad to see all those $billions going out of the game.
All the best for the future.
Yours Stan

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Tyler,

Its a shame to see you go as you were one of the last few of us from FlyNET (besides myself, Dave, Mat, Stan and TJ, I'm not sure I know of anyone still active from those days). Best of luck to you in your pursuit of your certificates, hopefully I will see you up there some day. Always was a pleasure seeing what North Eastern was doing and the many different layers you had created.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:23 am

Stan wrote:Bon Voyage Tyler and good luck with your flying career.
I was hoping to buy you out using your Merger system but never got the chance,sad to see all those $billions going out of the game.
All the best for the future.
I considered giving parts away to different airlines, but I decided in the end, it was not going to be fair for everyone. However, I thought the aircraft would go on the market? By the end, I had only like a billion or two in cash as I spent all my money on buying the 787's and 747's.
alasizon wrote:Tyler,

Its a shame to see you go as you were one of the last few of us from FlyNET (besides myself, Dave, Mat, Stan and TJ, I'm not sure I know of anyone still active from those days). Best of luck to you in your pursuit of your certificates, hopefully I will see you up there some day. Always was a pleasure seeing what North Eastern was doing and the many different layers you had created.
Yeah, I know what you mean. The last year I had my account, the main reason why I kept it even though I had not flown at all was because I was the largest and one of the oldest airlines left.

Thanks for the wishes guys. Mathew, if you want to fly but haven't started yet, all I can say is look around. And try to start now as the cost to fly is only going to increase as long as we are using a gas as our main fuel, though JetA is on its way in.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:29 am

flightsimer wrote:Thanks for the wishes guys. Mathew, if you want to fly but haven't started yet, all I can say is look around. And try to start now as the cost to fly is only going to increase as long as we are using a gas as our main fuel, though JetA is on its way in.
Thankfully, I already have my private and am working my way towards instrument.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:51 pm

It's always a reflective event to see those leaving the pilot ranks in the game, but not so bad when it is through choice; whatever the reasons. It brings to mind those who leave the game through illness, and some through untimely death... in my case, my great friend Bob (Tomb) who passed away some time ago, both of us being from flynet days, and Busy Jet; but thats partly the reason why Brussels Busy Jet will soldier on, in his memory regardless of how many pilots or aircraft we have.
Anway, wishing you all the best with your flying career, and if you get the C-47 license, might see you on ice-pilots one day :)
Wishing you many happy and safe landings

Matthew
Captain

Post by Matthew » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Sorry to see you go flightsimmr, i remember you. also been here since 2006. just not very active in the forums anymore