BACK UP YOUR FLIGHT ROUTE DATA!

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

BACK UP YOUR FLIGHT ROUTE DATA!

Post by VegasTim » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:56 am

Attention all airline owners and operators:

It is very easy to back up your flight route data however many (including me until today) don't know how to go about it. Let me show you!

Simply go to Flight Plan, click on import/export and then export the txt file. Make a separate folder to store them in and rename each export for the date you saved it. Now if someone in your airline accidentally deletes all of your flights by clicking on that dreaded "select all" tab on the flight route edit page, simply import the last saved txt file using the "replace" tab and you will return to your last saved point.

This will keep you from going through the trials we have gone through today at FSNVA trying to input several thousand flight routes (created over the past year) from spreadsheets and maps!

It will take at least a week or two before we even come close to having our worldwide route network back. So save yourself a whole lotta grief and SAVE YOUR ROUTE FILE OFTEN! I will now be backing up every Friday night at close of business. Once bitten, twice shy!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: BACK UP YOUR FLIGHT ROUTE DATA!

Post by joefremont » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Good advice!
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.