Only 57 passengers from Venezuela Simon Bolivar Intl

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Hebert
Ticket Agent

Only 57 passengers from Venezuela Simon Bolivar Intl

Post by Hebert » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:21 pm

Why is there from Simon Bolivar International Airport in Venezuela only 57 passengers FSANET program to ship to other destinations?
Please FSANET Staff require to give us an explanation.
Thanks ...

MMattyK
Captain

Re: Only 57 passengers from Venezuela Simon Bolivar Intl

Post by MMattyK » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:30 pm

This may not be the cause, but check out this thread:

'Passengers/cargo available flight loading' by using the serach facillity. Its in the new features and ideas section of the forum

viasa023
Rampie

Post by viasa023 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:04 pm

On this day we get from the airport Maiquetia / (SVMI) has 0 passengers Maiquetia surprising since it is the gateway to all of South America, please solve this drawback

danielmd11
Ticket Agent

Post by danielmd11 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:42 am

"0" Passengers on an Intercontinental airport as Maiquetia (SVMI) is a nonsense. There are a lot of incoming flights everyday to keep it crowded.

You should correct that!

Thanks in advance

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:36 am

At the time of writing, there are 106 pax waiting available, but also almost 40 flights already booked from this airport which means 40 aircraft filled with pax already, which obviously takes them out of the daily availability, which is possibly what is part of the issue, and which is described in the thread mentioned above.

http://www.fsairlines.net/forum/viewtop ... 04&p=40520

Hebert
Ticket Agent

Post by Hebert » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:51 am

To Mr.Mat Koelz so there is not necessary.
Thank you for your support in trying to help, do not appreciate being out of pot . Apparently failed to do not understand the situation. Although it is important to place the subject anywhere in the Forum.
If we don´t intervene in it and express something, it must be properly.
NO, we explain, as possible?, Who in the world and for any airport, the passengers run out. It is illogical, and never will be.
We believe that our valued programmers did not anticipate a minimum and a maximum mostly at the airport in question. Venezuelan Simon Bolivar International.
As you may be as important as an airport important like is Simon Bolivar, Venezuela, located in high season. There is no minimum and a maximum of passengers. Lack of foresight?. Perhaps it would not be the fault of the STAFF. Unfortunately we do not know the statistics. However, we are sure that the administrator of FSANET know correct the fault. And that we have not discussed the cost of fuel, which is not correct. There also are failing.

With much respect, hope it will you solve the situation .

attentively

Hebert

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:32 am

Dear Mr Herbert,

I appologise if I seemed not to understand your point fully.

I have to point out that I am NOT a member of the admin or staff team at FSAirlines, but trying to bring to your attention the way I understand the system to work for passengers/cargo. Whilst I agree that in real life, passengers are unlikely to be unavailable at such a large airport, I also suggest that it would also be unlikely for 40 aircraft (currently) to be full of passengers and just sitting at the stands, for up to 48 hours, and not going anywhere.
As far as I can see there is the potential for unlimited aircraft at any airport (gave up counting at 350 just getting to the end of B763) trying to load a limited number of pax, because as far as i know, FSairlines does not actually limit the number of aircraft at any airport depnding on the number of stands/gates available, so that all airlines have the same opportunity to fly their chosen routes. I'm guessing that limiting the aircraft at an airport so that gates/stands are not over populated would be difficult to achieve/regulate (take a look on the airport database and see how many airlines ahve flights and potential aircraft in and out of the airport),
Incidentally, it looks like the pax throughput at SVMI is just over 8M annually, which makes the daily pax at best just under 25000 a day in real world terms

The only limiting factor is the nomber of pax available which should reset around midnight.

That's all I'll say, but hope that the admins get back to you shortly to resolve your issue. Ive submitted a support ticket to have this issue looked into on our behalf and requested that we have a way to edit the pax population at the airports, or at least highlight the annual passenger numbers as we find them, which at present seems not possible as an edit airport facillity in the database.

Happy flying and safe landings
Last edited by MMattyK on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

danielmd11
Ticket Agent

Post by danielmd11 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:42 pm

I just want to point out that now in London Heathrow, there are 129.637 passenger waiting. Unfortunately I don't know how many flight are already booked, but I think that more than in SVMI. Just my two cents...

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Comparing Heathrow to Simon Bolivar is like comparing an Oil Supertanker to a Bass Boat. A bit exaggerated yes, but still truthful. London Heathrow not only has a much larger population base for it to draw from (7.8 million for Heathrow, 1.2 million for Simon Bolivar), but their throughput is much different. Simon Bolivar was (based on the runways and terminal) classified as an Intercontinental prior to today when I upgraded it to an International manually. However, for reference in the real world, Heathrow sees 67 million passengers. Simon Bolivar sees 8.8 million. In the FSAirlines database, Heathrow only has about 15% more scheduled flights than Simon Bolivar. Looking at the flight history, Simon Bolivar sees almost as many flights per week as Heathrow. Because of this, it's inevitable that even with our inflated internal numbers to the real airports, when you're flying 2-3 times more flights than the airport size lends itself to, you'll eventually tap out the airport's population.

Sorry guys. The system is working like it's supposed to, you guys are just concentrating your flights on too few airports that are not capable of handling the load. I have tried to help the situation a little by upping the "size" of Simon Bolivar, but it's still possible you guys will run out of passengers. Serious thought needs to be given to realigning your flight schedules to not put so much load on such a small airport. That's why the users wanted passenger limits and that's why we put it in over 3 years ago.

via009w
Ticket Agent

Post by via009w » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:18 am

Cap.CAPFlyer. Greetings from Venezuela, as you said Fsarline application is working as it should be, and I imagine that statistics are the number of passengers leaving SVMI, but .... that allow many airlines are registered in SVMI? .. if it increases the amount of the airdrome in pasajeron and growing operations in SVMI by airlines registered in the MSIM, we find a scenario of having no passengers more often, since we are simulating reality to the extent possible this should not be.

I await your comments.
Greetings from Venezuela.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:36 am

Well, if you want to get "real" about it, we should restrict the number of VA's and flights that can service any airport, but we don't want to do that. As it is, there are 30+ VA's operating in and out of many of our major airports and some have close to 100 serving them. We introduced passenger limits to give more realism.

Sorry, but in the real world, you wouldn't have 30 different airlines serving the same city pairs every day, multiple times a day. There just wouldn't be the support for it from passengers. In fact, if we went by "real" limits, SVMI has 30 gates. As such, we should never allow more than 30 flights to be operating passengers in and out of that airport at any given time, but that would be too much of a hassle to be having to deal with figuring out how many slots should be available at EVERY airport in the world and then figuring out a real and fair way to dole these out to the various VA's. Nothing we did would be liked by all. Our solution was this. If you run into having no passengers too much, then maybe it's time for you to consider moving to another airport, or maybe ensuring that you're not contributing to the problem by flying aircraft that are really too large for the airport into it (i.e, not flying A388's into TNCM as some operators have been doing even though the aircraft can't actually operate in there, or operating fully loaded 747's non-stop from TNCM to Europe, which doesn't happen either).

danielmd11
Ticket Agent

Post by danielmd11 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:11 am

Capflyer, I'm agree about what you said. But we were used to have more than 20.000 pax available per day at SVMI, that's why it seemed strange for us to find out that now, we will only have, how much a thousand per day?

Thanks
Daniel

danielmd11
Ticket Agent

Post by danielmd11 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi Capflyer, you said that "London Heathrow not only has a much larger population base for it to draw from (7.8 million for Heathrow, 1.2 million for Simon Bolivar)" Maiquetia Simón Bolivar Intl Airport (SVMI) is the airport that serves the city of Caracas, wich have a population of 6.235.000
Maiquetia is a small town near Caracas, where the airport is located.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:23 am

Hiya all :)

I'm not sure if this would make any difference to the airport, but as it has scheduled flights to/from europe, would changing the airport from international to intercontinental have any effect? It's not possible on the edit airport facillity, but maybe the admin staff could take a look. Incidentally, at time of writing, there are over 500 pax available.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:07 pm

First, Intercontinental is smaller than International. :)

Second, our airport populations are based on a distance around the airport (approx. 20nm if I remember correctly). As SVMI is located 13nm from the city center, it's possible it's not getting the full account of the population. However, I must note that the official population of Caracas is 2.0 million and the metropolitan population is 4.1 million, much less than the 6 million you state, so our numbers while low, aren't as far off as you want to make it seem.