Type Ratings

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

venil
Ticket Agent

Type Ratings

Post by venil » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:09 pm

hey guys,

i have a question to the Type Ratings in Fsairlines.

How can i set up that when the pilot reaches for example the rank flight captain that he can only fly the 321 320 and the 737/800 and not the A330???
I know that i can change that in the Type ratings manually but if my Virtual Airline have for example 200 pilots i cant change that every time a pilot reaches a new rank thats impossible.

i know this system in other VA s but i cant found it in Fsairlines.

thank you for the help

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Type Ratings

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:17 pm

That feature isn't currently available.

Mikey
Ticket Agent

Post by Mikey » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Hey,

its not availible but there is a way to make it anyway. I did it for my airline too!

What you need to do is to split up your fleet into sections. For example create fleets called SFO, FFO, FC, SC and so on... Afterwards put the aircraft in the according fleet, which you want your pilots to use in the future.
After this go to your VA options on the main page and go to the rank section. There you create a rank called SFO to SFC (like above) and select the fleet which this rank is allowed to use! Afterwards adjust your pilots to the according ranks.

If you now select for the Rank "SFO" (Second Flight Officer) the fleet SFO which includes only A320 and A321, then the pilot with the airline rank SFO will only be able to fly A320 and A321...

Hope you understood how to do it.

I hope i could help,

Mike
CEO, Sky United

********* www.sky-united.com ***********

venil
Ticket Agent

Post by venil » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:34 pm

hi Mickey,

i understand, but that means i have to change the ranks from the pilots the whole time for examlpe i have to make the pilot a rank higher when he get more and more flight hours so thats the same.

Mikey
Ticket Agent

Post by Mikey » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Yes thats correct, but its much easier. Changing the rank is only 2 clicks for each pilot ;) Better than changing the type ratings all the time :)