How sad

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Brian Clark AVB-060
Ticket Agent

How sad

Post by Brian Clark AVB-060 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:23 am

I think it is very sad when an airline feels it has to do copious flights of 19nm (flight time 14mins) in one of the worlds biggest cargo planes (Antonov 225) to get themselves to the top of the cargo stats list. Very sad indeed but whatever floats your boat eh!

Brian Clark

pete
Ticket Agent

Re: How sad

Post by pete » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:23 am

Yes It Is Indeed,Started The Other day At 50nm Trips in the antonov 225,Then Went Down To 22 nm Trips,Now Its On The third Day down To 19nm Trips,Tomorrow Thay Might Find Some 5nm Trips In An Antonov 225 To Compete...lol

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Sadly Brian that is something that happens a lot.

One big issue is that FSAirlines has "realistic" operators and the "high score brigade" on the same site. When they introduced the top stats on the front page we saw the same thing, people running the shortest possible flights with totally unrealistic aircraft just to appear on top of the list. Thankfully that idea was dropped very quickly but that attitude still persists in the monthly statistics.

Bye for now

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:48 am

1) You guys are really treading on thin ice with this thread. Please re-read the forum rules.

2) The airline in question has been doing training flights (a look at their log shows this) and the money they're making is highly restricted by the shortness of the flight distance, so they're not making any real "money" by doing this. As they're also already in 6th place for Passengers and Passenger Miles for the month anyway, being 3rd in Cargo isn't surprising. The flights being done are a vast minority of their total activity, so there's no issue here. It's not an intentional stat grab, it's a VA that is operating fairly pretty correctly.

BTW, in real life, there are times you might need to move something by air even though it's only a short distance between locations. I bid a charter where the origin and destination were 35 miles apart, but they were separated by rough terrain and the load wouldn't fit into a tunnel on the only route between the two places. Did we charge a premium? Yeah, but not a huge one, just enough to ensure our costs got covered since our rates were by the mile and not by the hour and our routing required us to fly about 100 miles total to get over the terrain and the normal mileage rate was for a minimum of 1 hour of flight, not 30 minutes. So we made a little extra money and flew a load that would have normally gone by land instead of air. I'm not saying that's what they're doing here, but I'm also saying that you shouldn't assume people are doing something just for statistics either. You need to look at the bigger picture.

Ozzy
Ticket Agent

Post by Ozzy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:40 am

They are not doing training flights, you dont train in the A225.

What is even sadder is the 16 X 9NM flights they did yesterday in 90 mins,

just shows how desperate they are to be top of the list
ImageImage

Brian Clark AVB-060
Ticket Agent

Post by Brian Clark AVB-060 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:53 am

I am all for healthy competition but in this case competition has been reduced to a sorry joke.

pete
Ticket Agent

Post by pete » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:15 pm

You Really Cant Count Them Has Competion,Just Very Sad, To Have Them Scoop That Low, To Have To Get To The Top Of Cargo.

If Thay Want It By Cheating The System, The Way Thay Are Doing It..... Thay Can Have It....

Personally If It Was Me I Would Feel That I Have Not Achieved Anything From It......

Apart From Embarrassment, From The Other Airlines Laughing At Me....

Regards All Happy Flying Pete

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:16 pm

I've just put a post in the new features forum... see what you think about the idea which may help with this... but worth a grown up discussion.

pete
Ticket Agent

Post by pete » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:44 pm

LOL Just Had To Check For A Laugh, have been flying my normall 300,500 nm trips...think i got a bit close to them,thay have started doing 62 nm trips in the antonov 225 again....

What a joke....

Happy days all Regards Pete

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:30 pm

I was trying to let this one die a natural death, but since you guys can't seem to grow up beyond 12, it's time to close it. They aren't cheating so they're not doing anything other than making fools of themselves. If I hear that anyone else has directly contacted the pilot or the company in any sort of hostile or demeaning way, I will remove them from the network. This sub-teen behavior needs to stop now.