General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

One Legged Eagle
Ticket Agent

THINKS AND REFLECTIONS

Post by One Legged Eagle » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:14 pm

LANDING LIGHTS
**ON REAL FLIGHT,
(may be worse in virtual flight) 300 or 400 feet up or below 10.000 feet hasn’t any importance. Normal operation at special moment of setting and checking work begin of major descent to airport pattern, assign second or third place to landing lights on or off.- Then: it looks excessive to penalize pilot because set “on” l/lights a few secs. before or latter the exact or milimetrical level.- There are too much important flight details that should or must be penalized.-

AUTHORIZED OVERSPEED
**All people know: Frequently CTR not only authorize, It demands high speed descent below 10.000 feet. Controlled high speed descent is normally safe and no illegal.-(certainly between logic limits) Then, why to penalize a pilot for?
Again: “There are too much important flight details that should or must be penalized.”
:| :|

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: THINKS AND REFLECTIONS

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:19 am

First, we have a search function. These items have been responded to on multiple occasions

Second, this is not where such issues go.

Third, landing lights must be on below 1000 feet AGL and off above FL100. Between 1000 feet AGL and FL100, we don't care whether they're on or off, so there's no reason for you to take the penalty unless you're inattentive. In the real world, you must have your landing lights on for takeoff and landing if you're flying "for hire" by regulation in most countries, which includes every flight done on FSAirlines except for personal flights (where we don't track penalties anyway). Most airlines also state that the landing lights are not to be used above FL100/10,000 feet to help extend the life of the landing lights, which are a very expensive item, and many want them off well before that for the same reason. So penalizing you for misusing them is appropriate.

Finally, we're aware of the speed issue, but until we can find a reliable way to allow it to occur without allowing abuse of it to cover for poor aircraft handling and flight planning, the rule will remain.

One Legged Eagle
Ticket Agent

Re: THINKS AND REFLECTIONS

Post by One Legged Eagle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:43 pm

UUUUyyyyy SORRY SIR.-
I`ll never do it.-
My promise.-
Also, must forget my real 15 thousand flying hour as ATP in Command.-
""I only know that I don’t know nothing""
Thank you for your friendly answer
:oops: :oops: :oops: