Pay per charge

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

IBI-103
Ticket Agent

Pay per charge

Post by IBI-103 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:52 am

Hello fellow Fsairlines, my question is:
There is a table of weights, which tell us as soon as you pay per kilo at each airport. Because after making a flight of 3000 Millas, I did not veneficion by loading .....

Thanks and Happy New Year 2011..

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Pay per charge

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:16 pm

I'm sorry, but your post is very vague. Are you talking about cargo revenue, passenger revenue, or fuel cost? If you're speaking fuel cost, the airport info shows the price per liter, which is how it's calculated in the real world even though you load by weight. However, the client does the conversion for you when you fuel up it shows the cost on the next page after the fuel loading page. That page also shows your passenger and cargo revenue so you can get an idea of whether you'll make a profit or not on that flight so if can, you can go back and modify your fuel weight.

IBI-103
Ticket Agent

Post by IBI-103 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:03 pm

sorry about my last post, I will like to know where the cargo revenues data came from as i guess the fuel calculation came from real airport data where the cargo data came? thanks

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:39 am

Cargo is paid on a reverse sliding scale based on distance. The longer the flight, the less per kilogram the cargo makes. This is offset by the larger weight of freight you carry over that distance so the net effect is that you make more on long flights, but it's not a linear increase, as it is with the real world. I don't remember what the exact "base price" is, but the flight reports show you what the revenue was for a given flight complete with breakdown on price per kg.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Just to clarify CapFlyer, The longer the flight, the less per kilogram per mile, but more overall for longer distance. The larger the weight, the less per KG but more overall.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

aphongka
Rampie

Post by aphongka » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Hello,
joefremont wrote:Just to clarify CapFlyer, The longer the flight, the less per kilogram per mile, but more overall for longer distance. The larger the weight, the less per KG but more overall.
Could we have something like table of cargo prices with respect to weigh & distance published somewhere?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:11 pm

The pricing scheme is dynamic per flight route and is generated by the system "on the fly" based on the variables listed above. It is a modified version of the algorithm used to calculate the "standard" price for passenger tickets.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:03 am

Its a secret, besides we will probably change it soon anyways.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.