BC NORTH - taking a new direction soon.

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

BC NORTH - taking a new direction soon.

Post by Brian Peace » Thu May 27, 2010 3:14 pm

BC NORTH is going to be taking a new direction. This does not include future participation on FSA. All current BCN pilots please visit http://bcnorth.tripod.com or visit our forums on FSA... we will have a new forum up soon for the new direction of BCN.

There is a HUGE sale of aircraft going on from our fleet... everything must go!! low low discount prices! :lol: :lol: :lol: check the sales page / market forum for more on that!!
Last edited by Brian Peace on Sat May 29, 2010 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Re: BC NORTH - taking a new direction soon.

Post by PCD001 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:21 pm

Shame to see close your doors Brian, I wish you'd stay !

I see that things have probably moved a bit slowly for you in FSA during the past 6 months, this I'm pretty sure is due to the developers being stuck with their exams, studies and the like.
You should leave some aircraft behind . . . . . . you never know when you "might" want to come back ! Also, what are you going to do with all the money ?? !! :P

All the very best in which ever direction you and BC North decide to go.
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Sat May 29, 2010 1:44 am

I really enoyed FSA to be honest... but it's stagnated badly for us. Very few of my pilots or crew wants to fly for a number of reasons. I guess I could let the dev know for future considerations but:

1) lack of payware aircraft support
2) lack of options to attract new pilots
3) lack of forward momentum once an airline hits a cartain size
4) lack of interest created (for example, over a year ago we were told new items would be added to the "belongings" section)
5) 16x vs 1x airlines. Why should the 16x be able to make ANY more than a 1x... an easy fix your too stubborn to implement. Divide pay by the time compression used. 2x speed = half pay. 4x speed = 1/4 pay.. 8x = 1/8 pay and 16x = 1/16 pay that way each airline gets paid exactly the same.
6) Multiplier unfairness. Stuck at 25x as a big airline we cant even afford to repair one crashed plane... it would take literally months. Yet you let all newbies go at 1000x. Change everyone to the same...
Last edited by Brian Peace on Sat May 29, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Sat May 29, 2010 2:47 pm

I think you've pretty much nailed it there Brian. We are facing the same difficulties and it is becoming more frustrating as time goes by. We've just spent a small fortune on advertising with zero return, yet it's going to take us months to recover the revenue with our multiplier.

One other aspect is that the system seems to discourage the use of smaller aircraft after a certain point. I like to fly regional aircraft (ATRs, ERJs and baby DC9s) but when you only earn V$100,000 on a flight it starts to become disheartening. That's 50 flights for one hour of advertising :roll:

Thanks to your generosity we have entered the leasing business, but that's more work for the CEO and although the returns are steady, they are nothing spectacular.

Good luck with your new direction, your presence will be missed.