question on accounts...

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

question on accounts...

Post by flightsimer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:25 am

not like the normal... but this is for the developers/admins. will a extension be made to the trail period since there are still major bugs that are here that put us at a worse position now than before the change? just curious...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Re: question on accounts...

Post by Brian Peace » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:30 am

I would like to know this as well. I'm teetering on paying for this or abandoning it altogether. still a few HUGE issues in my mind to work out before I'd be paying.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:09 am

Okay guys, I'm sorry, but what "major bugs" are you speaking of? We have nothing going on now that wasn't going on prior to the conversion. I understand your desire Brian for resolution of the Advertisement issue, but as Konny said above, he's not inclined to change it (although that can always be persuaded otherwise), but I don't know of anything else that would be a problem since everything else has been addressed and resolved.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:33 am

well the messages still hasnt been fixed
site is taking forever to load
fleet pages were made worse and not all are shown without having to go into another page...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:26 am

1) Not having problems here. We've been testing it for days without issue.
2) That's a problem on your end, not ours (and I'm being honest here, I've been using the side for weeks without any slowness as has everyone else I've asked)
3) That's an opinion, not a bug. You can choose not to like it, but it's not a bug in the system and many people like it because it speeds up the site for them.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:19 am

1 as of yesterday, the messages are still going in and out on mine... so its NOT fixed...
2 its only this site that is slow, which it wasnt before the change
3 no, when i have to go to another fleet from my main fleet just to get other fleets to appear in the list because they wont normally, its is not normal, it IS a bug. as for the new way we could at least have a standard listing instead of having the fleet completely mixed up and having to sort it every single time just to find 1 plane.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Brian, your symtoms indicate a problem with your computer, and I'm sorry about that, but there's not anything we can do to fix it except tell you to delete all of your caches of the site pages and the cookies associated with it. This is probably what's causing your problem.

I have visited and operated this site since the changeover on 5 different computers from at least as many different networks (and thus network configurations) and none of them have shown any of the problems you are experiencing. Konrad and Claudio have already looked in depth at the system and found several problems and fixed them, but you still report the same issues. Unfortunately, this indicates the problem is on your end, not ours.

Again, I think you simply need to delete all of your temporary internet files and caches, and all the cookies associated with this site and try again. I would also suggest making sure all of your Flash, Java, and ActiveX drivers are up-to-date as this can cause problems as well with other sites' performance, not just FSAirlines.

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:51 pm

I have to agree to CAPFlyer. You should try doing that first.

Furthermore we think that the system is more stable than ever before. You have to realize that a software system will NEVER be completely bug free...the only thing I can promise you is that we are continuously fixing bugs and improving the homepage in order to make the experience even better.

I cannot recreate the website loading-speed problems that you are talking about, but with the trial periods ending less pilots will be flying around here, which again should speed up the server (because of less traffic).
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:09 am

well i had a message come into my mail box again after 4 days which i had deleted it... i had deleted all of my cookies and others yesterday, so its NOT my end's fault...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways