Accounts questions.

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

TOGA PARTY
Ticket Agent

Accounts questions.

Post by TOGA PARTY » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:46 am

Forgive me if these questions have been answered already, I certainly couldn't find anything on them.

1) What features will be restricted between gold and free accounts? This is a significant factor in our dicision to continue because I am willing to play the annual fee for the airline but I am not willing to take on the entire management role. If I can not delegate certain management roles such as buying planes, setting routes, type ratings and so forth to free account holders, it would not be worth it. I am not willing to pay money to add more work to my in box.

2) What is the number of flights a free account can make in a week, month or what ever?

Thanks for the response.

Sterretje
Ticket Agent

Re: Accounts questions.

Post by Sterretje » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:24 am

From what i've understood, every Airline needs to have at least one member with a platinum account. It doesn't matter whether that person is a pilot or a CEO.
So if you are just a pilot you can buy a platinum account and don't get extra work, but you do have paid for the airline.

And with the new premium system there is no limitation on number of flights for as far as i understand.

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

TOGA PARTY wrote:Forgive me if these questions have been answered already, I certainly couldn't find anything on them.

1) What features will be restricted between gold and free accounts? This is a significant factor in our dicision to continue because I am willing to play the annual fee for the airline but I am not willing to take on the entire management role. If I can not delegate certain management roles such as buying planes, setting routes, type ratings and so forth to free account holders, it would not be worth it. I am not willing to pay money to add more work to my in box.

2) What is the number of flights a free account can make in a week, month or what ever?

Thanks for the response.
A gold membership allows you to view the premium features that standard members will not get. Also, standard members will see more advertisements. Neither account can run an airline. A Platinum account is required to run an airline. Also, there is no limitation on the number of flights per week.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

TOGA PARTY
Ticket Agent

Post by TOGA PARTY » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:22 am

Sterretje & alasizon,

Thanks for the responses but I was able to gather everything you have mentioned from the announcements. What I am looking to find out is the specific features a gold member vs. a free member will be able to do. If in order to run my airline, I will have to have the Premium, I get that part. What I am trying to determine is will free members of my choosing be able to administer various parts of the airline functions like making routes, buying and servicing planes, etc. If that is all going to fall on paid members only, it means it is going to fall on me, the CEO, because not many of the pilots are planning to buy paid subscriptions. When that happens, all the work falls on me. And that will end our airline. I am not looking for a second career.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:16 am

i believe so based on previous discussions that free accounts will be able to, its just they wont see any of the new additions the two paying accounts will
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:06 pm

I am 99.9% sure that free members will be able to continue doing their management duties but if there are new premium features relating to management they will not be able to use them.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:57 pm

If a "Standard" user is given management duties, then they will be able to access all of the management functions. The difference between "Standard" and "Gold" at this moment is the absence of the paid advertisements (not the VA ones) are present on the "Standard" account. However, there will be additional tracking and statistical tools made available to "Gold" members in addition to a new in-sim FSAirlines Client Module instead of the current stand-alone program. Standard members will not be able to get the in-sim module.

Platinum Accounts will be "Gold" accounts with the additional ability to create a VA.

TOGA PARTY
Ticket Agent

Post by TOGA PARTY » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:39 am

Will there be any cap on the number of flights for standard accounts?

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:03 am

no
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways