New Account system

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

conmanflyer

New Account system

Post by conmanflyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:37 pm

I was looking at the poll about the accounts... under the second option, what would happen to current VAs that the VA CEO cannot put forth the money for a system that is not yet payware quality?

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Re: New Account system

Post by PCD001 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:57 pm

To answer your question with a post from Konny :-
Konny wrote:That's right, the standard account wouldn't be able to create/run an airline. So if you don't pay 2-3 Euro per months you won't be able to have your own airline, but you can join other airlines. I just added this info on the poll page to make it clear.
The last flight of Pacific Island Airways will be 31st Dec 2009 :(
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:34 pm

thats ridiculous!

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:36 pm

so if some one like say Russian Sky Team or Eastern Hops wasn't able to pay the fee then it would be bye bye?

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 pm

you would need at least one person that has the upper level premium account to become the CEO...

im sure there would be some grandfather in time to allow all the pilots to get their account upgraded if they wanted to continue, but after 1-1-09, the current system would be replaced for new members with the new one.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:46 pm

well... as it is right now, im going to try to get that... but i don't think i can get anybody from my VA, that is loyal to my VA, to do it.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:48 pm

The new propoased accounts would only have the CEO of a VA pay for it. All pilots of said VA would fly for free. Which is the best solution in my eyes.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:56 pm

hey brian, do you need an express operator? lol... ive done buisness with you, and you seem like a very well managed VA, i might just want to pawn off my planes to you. PM me if ur interested

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:59 pm

LOOP HOLE LOOP HOLE!!!!

CEOs! haha... FSA! BE MORE SPECIFIC!

im not a CEO! my company is not run by a CEO

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Brian Peace wrote:The new propoased accounts would only have the CEO of a VA pay for it. All pilots of said VA would fly for free. Which is the best solution in my eyes.
Really ?
My little one man VA stays well with in the 4 flights per week, does not use hardly any hardware rescources of the ISP/FSAirlines (don't use flight tracker, don't update timetables frequently, don't use stats, etc etc).
So the little one man operator (of which there are many in the real world), is going to fork out to keep the big boys flying, so their kiddies can go screaming round at x16, running their unrealistic Aircraft into Unrealistic Airports on unrealistic Flight Plans using Unrealistic Timetables . . . . . . . . . well this one won't.

Its been a blast here, it really has and I'll be sad to go, there are lots of nice people hereabouts, but there are many other on-line apps do with Flight Simulator which are totally free.
Strangely enough I would still have contributed to FSA (as I have done in the past), but when faced with "pay up or leave," . . . I think I'll leave.
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!

Nudge
Ticket Agent

Post by Nudge » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Well, as CEO for Eastern Hops VA I feel that the end has come ... I will not be paying anything ..... and all the company pilots, i feel, will not be either ...... the reduction in the number of active members in the entire FSA system will negate the need for any server upgrade and I personally believe that better use of advertising space would have been a far better option than the path/paths being looked at the moment. The hard work building FSA up to what it is now, looks as if its about to be ripped to shreds come 1st January. Not being able to capitalise on the popularity of FSA, is hardly encouragment to entice users/members to pay for their future use.
The End

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:42 pm

hey nudge... you know what im thinking... haha... talk to me on TS later...

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:09 am

Guys, there's already another thread going on the new accounts. I'm closing this one as it should be continued in the main one.

As for the payment - if your VA wants to take a collection for the whopping 24 Euro a year cost for the VA to remain, then you can feel free to do so and then make the payment that way. PayPal certainly can handle the CEO setting up a "donation" account for the pilots to donate to and then pay for the service from that account.

I'm sorry guys, but the cost being proposed is MINIMAL for anyone. I can find that amount for a 3 month subscription to EVE or to buy a single payware addon for FS (although, for some, it buys less than half of it). I think a VA of even 2 or 3 people can find enough to pay that much for a YEAR of FSAirlines.

BTW, you guys don't see the crap we admins deal with on some of the VA's that are being created. If this reduces our workload on having to edit, delete, kick, and suspend VA's for some of the stuff they try, then I think it's worked perfectly because it'll take my 20 hour a week job as an admin and make it a 5 or 10 hour a week job, and thus I get a lot more time to do things like FLY.