Any Ideas

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Mr w
Ticket Agent

Any Ideas

Post by Mr w » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:25 pm

hi im getting bored now with flying here.... there... everywhere .anyone got any good ideas what i can do next i dont want to close my va down :?:

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Re: Any Ideas

Post by Brian Peace » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:07 pm

1 - try flying online (vatsim or ivao)
2 - fly into online events.. make every effort to do that it will enhance your flying.
3 - try your hand at some new things, painting an aircraft, perhaps scenery design, etc?
4 - take up knitting, you'll be so bored you'll be back soon !! :mrgreen:
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Northwest Airways UK ? Can't find that VA listed, who are you flying with ?

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Mr w
Ticket Agent

Post by Mr w » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:18 pm

I changed the va name dont know why its not changed on here im now airmiles airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:51 am

Hi,

Diversify your fleet and get some smaller stuff and do some regional flights.
Plenty of freeware aircraft out there with superb quality - learn a new type and add it to your fleet.
Do you fly using real weather? If not then do so.
Pick a favourite carrier, or an obscure one, and try and replicate their schedules and aircraft types used and fly the routes.

Just use your imagination.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Alaskan Flyboy
Ticket Agent

Post by Alaskan Flyboy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:11 pm

As someone mentioned, using programs like Active Sky Advanced to enhance weather and give you real-world weather means flights will always be different. Also, fly using real-world rules. Sometimes you have to divert around storms, sometimes airports are below minimums for an instrument approach and you have to divert for an alternate (you did check weather before going and realize you needed to plan for one, right?).

If you have funds, getting a program that allows you to do dispatching can make things interesting, trying to dial in that magic fuel number since fuel not used was just more weight that had to be countered by more thrust (thus actually using more fuel). I've heard from a real-world dispatcher that F.O.C. isn't really worth the money if you're doing realistic US operations as it apparently uses European rules. Though given your airline was originally Northwest Airways UK, that might not bother you.

If you have further funds and fly jets, getting a good package that simulates most of the aircraft's systems, including FMC, can add more to your flight. Scrimping on maintenance I hear can also add some excitement to your day.

Mr w
Ticket Agent

Post by Mr w » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:03 am

Thank you guys for all of your ideas and help i think i will give Vatsim a go and see how that one goes

Thanks again :D