Airshow based VA

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Sol75
Ticket Agent

Airshow based VA

Post by Sol75 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:08 pm

I am unsure how to go about this. I am interested in forming a "VA" whose primary function is to provide airshow acts. Including, Aerobatics (Edge 540, Extra 300), Various warbird displays and demonstrations, (p-51, p-38, b-17, etc etc). I am unsure how to go about this. Any hints/tips?

Sol

Stan
Chief Pilot

Re: Airshow based VA

Post by Stan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:44 pm

Sounds like the sort of thing that could only be done in a multiplayer session as the only poeple who would see your displays are the other participants in the multiplayer session.
Yours Stan

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:31 pm

Wouldn't work. You'd never make any money (all of the "Warbirds" loose money because they don't carry enough passengers or cargo to make money and that's on purpose), and the client is not setup to deal with something like that which is highly specialized in nature.

Sol75
Ticket Agent

Post by Sol75 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:09 pm

my intention was to do this, and do shows, which would then be made into videos which could be viewable online... WOuld it be possible to make the "warbirds and performance aircraft have a "ticket" price of the avg "show fee" that would be paid? which in effect you would fly 1 passenger for 20k or whatnot, for a "show weekend", as far as the client is concerned the flight to the "show airport" would be the paid portion, then the return to base would be at owners expense...

Just a thought on how this might work.....

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Sol75 wrote:my intention was to do this, and do shows, which would then be made into videos which could be viewable online... WOuld it be possible to make the "warbirds and performance aircraft have a "ticket" price of the avg "show fee" that would be paid? which in effect you would fly 1 passenger for 20k or whatnot, for a "show weekend", as far as the client is concerned the flight to the "show airport" would be the paid portion, then the return to base would be at owners expense...

Just a thought on how this might work.....
i know in RW we get paid to take all of our aircraft to airshows and some even pay for our gas though its not that much... we made 30k overall at the airshows we went to with just the thunderpig (c-123K), but that also included donations and sale of shirts and hats, etc...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:21 pm

Sorry, but I think that it opens the system to a myriad of abuses. Unfortunately, experience has shown us that any abuse that can be exploited will be by at least one and it will be done in a spectacular fashion.

In all honesty, I really don't see where FSAirlines (an Airline Simulation Network) would fit in with something that can be reproduced just as well or better without an economic system in place.

Remember, it's not other VA's that are "paying" for these tickets - it's all automatic. There is no system in place to allow the ticketing to be done the way you suggest right now by real people. All tickets are "sold" based on ticket price and distance and is a fully automated process.

Sol75
Ticket Agent

Post by Sol75 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:17 am

Understood,
Was not aware of the details of how it functioned... Might be fun to run an airline using "old" "historic" type aircraft... I think i'll go for that, and maybe int he future the ability to do the "airshow" style of income might in some way come up! But, until then, running a historic VA sounds like fun! Bring on the Connie! ;)

Sol

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:23 am

And we have several successful "historic" airlines (including the one I'm part of and the one I was part of before that), so please have fun making yours work! :)