Imagine Airways

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

savagegrave
Ticket Agent

Re: Imagine Airways

Post by savagegrave » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:21 pm

Due to lack of interest in all the hard work, blood sweat tears and dedication Ive decided to close this airline down. If anyone would like an experienced FS pilot please PM me
visit Airnex homepage at http://www.airnexvirtual.co.uk (New :mrgreen: )

Image Image

Captain to First Officer -> "Did you close the doors or did I?" :mrgreen:

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:35 pm

I think every CEO on here would echo your sentiment that it's nearly impossible to attract pilots to your VA given the current platform here of how easy it is to start your own. That's just the way it is. I wish it would change but seems a taboo subject to bring up.

Best of luck on whatever course you decide on! (pm sent, by the way! :lol: )
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

savagegrave
Ticket Agent

Post by savagegrave » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:15 am

after alot of thought and a change of creative design, ive decided to "change" the shape of this airline. oO(too much hardwork went into Imagine AIrways MK1 for me to throw it away completly)

As Brian mentioned it is too easy to build an airline and keep it successful without pilots.... Ive now created a "plan" to make yet another UK domestic / European Airline. We will be buying some B735's to get us going, flying several scheduled flights around the UK, some DASH 8's CRJ7 and 900s will also be aquired for these routings. ALso possibly E190 for some short european destinations.

Hopefully once its all back up and running the airline will progress to a small fleet of A319's aswell as 321 and the loyal Boeing 738 / 739.

If anyone would like to help this challenging task of starting small and staying small then drop me a pm. Also being based at EGKK I'm sure some airlines based in the UK would be interested in some codeshares ;)

Thanks alot

Steve

Image Image

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:41 am

Hi Steve,

I think the biggest problem with you trying to recruit pilots here in the forums is that most guys here are already CEO's. The general run of the mill pilot probably will only pop in occasionally to have a look see and then not come back again. In any case he is probably already a member of another VA and happy where he is. My best advice to you is to build your VA in the direction of where you want your sim flying to go. Don't try and build it trying to bear in mind what you think others might want to do. Make a note of your favourite aircraft and your favourite airports and use that as a launching point. Whatever aircraft you buy and whatever routes you make flightplans for, choose them because they're what you want. Pick an aircraft and research who operates them in the real world. If there is an operator of the type in a part of the world that you like flying, then try and find their routes and duplicate their flightplans. When tired of that part of the world or aircraft then do some more research and buy another aircraft and file a new set of flightplans. You can soon build up a network of routes that you are happy with which you can pick and choose to fly whenever you like. Don't fall into the trap of choosing just a handfull of flightplans and plod back and forth all day doing the same old, same old. As an example, at CBFS we have recently researched additional Trident routes and we have added routes/aircraft as flown by Cyprus Airways and Pakistan International Airways. This is in addition to the BEA/BA Trident routes and aircraft we already have.

Hope that helps.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Davidc437
Ticket Agent

Post by Davidc437 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:20 pm

Yes, it is hard to start a Virtual Airline on FSAirlines simply because of the structure, but when you finally get pilots rolling through the door, then the word gets out, then its limitless, the starting is the hardest, just hang in there, you'll get there eventually! :D

Alaskan Flyboy
Ticket Agent

Post by Alaskan Flyboy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:31 am

Have you tried recruiting in forums? I know Avsim has a VA section for such stuff. I've also seen people on the feelThere forums, pitching their airlines to users of their payware aircraft.

savagegrave
Ticket Agent

Post by savagegrave » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:00 pm

to be honest for the time being anyway Ive made up my mind to relax, and just be a pilot. A good friend from another airline recently told me I lack the "flare" for the CEO position and maybe with "outside real world" stresses he could be correct.

Therefore for the distant future ive decided to be a pilot, and enjoy the hobby that has given me so much pleasure :)

Thanks for all your assistance anyways :)

Safe flights to all

Steve

Image Image

Alaskan Flyboy
Ticket Agent

Post by Alaskan Flyboy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:28 am

Yeah. I've been taking it slow with mine. My goal is to start out small, get some repaints made, earn a few more aircraft, and plan out my route structure. I've been talking with a guy I know that does dispatching for another VA (they're not on FSA though) and see if he can't give me pointers. I'm hoping to create a VA to the level they run, but in a different part of the world and with a smaller focus. The personal dispatching was a nice touch that I'd like to bring.

Well, good luck with all your endeavors.

ioxenham
Ticket Agent

Post by ioxenham » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:22 pm

Hello Steve.

My name is Ian, and i,m the CEO of flybe.com, and we are based on the real world airline flybe.com based in Exeter UK, we also use the same aircraft that they use, and fly the same routes they fly.

We are looking for good pilots, i have had so many join, and just sit there for months on end doing nothing its not worth them being there. So please by all means check us out,and see what you think.

Also i must point out that because flybe.com is copyrighted, i have the express permission from flybe.com to use there name, and logo's.

Best Regards.

Ian ( CEO )
flybe.com