Newbie to FS Airlines :D

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

savagegrave
Ticket Agent

Newbie to FS Airlines :D

Post by savagegrave » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:33 pm

Heya all

Ive just moved over from simfly.eu and am slowley reading through all the walkthroughs and guides so i can successfully move my airline (Imagine Airways) over to what seems to be a better service.

However:

can someone claify some points?

The main one being departure and arrival times?? are these important to follow or can the pilots fly as and when along the route? (assuming of course they use the aircraft assigned to that routing)

Also the days, how restircted is this? does it affect the reputaion if the flights are made earlier / later than planned? for example I plan to set up some schedules and hopefully lease from aircraft to run the said routes, however due to "real world" constraints i'm sure not everyone can always say every wednesday fly to x and a certain time....

Fuel:

WHen i start the software after loading fsx and sorting everything out, it keeps reading the fuel levels from fsx and not the database, and consequently charging for a full tank when i had more than enough to make the return flight... is this normal? Ive have found that leaving the simulator running then starting the return flight the client software doesnt do this and therefore profit is made. Just wondered if anyone else is having this problem.

thanks for your help in the above matters.

Steve
CEO Imagine Airways
visit Airnex homepage at http://www.airnexvirtual.co.uk (New :mrgreen: )

Image Image

Captain to First Officer -> "Did you close the doors or did I?" :mrgreen:

Copyrighter1
Flight Attendant

Re: Newbie to FS Airlines :D

Post by Copyrighter1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:41 pm

Heya, I'll try explaining what I can :P
The main one being departure and arrival times?? are these important to follow or can the pilots fly as and when along the route? (assuming of course they use the aircraft assigned to that routing)
Departure and arrival times are not incredibly important, however, they do affect your airline's reliability report which doesn't have anything to do with your airline rating however. These times are the GMT time that you set on Flight Simulator.
Also the days, how restircted is this? does it affect the reputaion if the flights are made earlier / later than planned? for example I plan to set up some schedules and hopefully lease from aircraft to run the said routes, however due to "real world" constraints i'm sure not everyone can always say every wednesday fly to x and a certain time....
The days are once again set within Flight Simulator - you don't have to fly on those said days in real life, as long as you set your day within Flight Simulator to the day the route is on.
WHen i start the software after loading fsx and sorting everything out, it keeps reading the fuel levels from fsx and not the database, and consequently charging for a full tank when i had more than enough to make the return flight... is this normal? Ive have found that leaving the simulator running then starting the return flight the client software doesnt do this and therefore profit is made. Just wondered if anyone else is having this problem.
I'm not too sure about the fuel problem sorry! Hopefully someone else can explain this.

Hope this helps!
Hugo Will
CEO of Southern Blue

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:16 am

As Copyrighter1 said, the departure times dont really matter however what he said about the days was only half true. the days were meant to add more of a realistic feeling in the schedule. you can set the days however you want them, but they dont have to be flown on the day listed in real world or in the sim. so if my flight schedule says flight X is only flown on monday and friday, i could fly it on say saturday in real world and sim time. there was talk about making this so that you could fly only the route on the days that it was set to in the future.

Your fuel problem I think is that your not hitting the right buttons on the client when at the refuel stage.

The client will always have the amount of fuel in the tanks in the sim as the default number in the client when you get to the refuel page. So if your fuel level has changed in the sim from the last flight to the next, then the client will show the current amount in the tanks as the amount(s) in the tanks now. If you want the exact amount of fuel you had when you ended your last flight just hit "load intial fuel" then "fuel up" and it will take you to the last step before starting the flight. However the client may add or take away (+/-)1-5kgs of fuel to balance the tanks evenly but that is normal.

now i dont know what fueling method you use, but i would suggest not using the simple method. to change this just go in and uncheck the simple fueling option under options in the client. by doing this you can go in and change the fuel levels in each individual tank. i think its much easier this way too. after you have changed the fuel levels you just click fuel up and it updates your fuel in the sim to what you set it at in the client and then your ready to go.

normally i click the "load intial fuel" then adjust the numbers in the tanks from there.

Hope that helps
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

savagegrave
Ticket Agent

Post by savagegrave » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:59 pm

Thanks for your replies. :D very helpful and as a result saved alot of what was going to be sleepless nights!

Also would like to thank you for your fast response times, sorry took so long to reply, but setting a va from scratch is hard work lol

thanks again

Steve
visit Airnex homepage at http://www.airnexvirtual.co.uk (New :mrgreen: )

Image Image

Captain to First Officer -> "Did you close the doors or did I?" :mrgreen: