Experienced Airbus Pilot Looking To Join A VA

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Experienced Airbus Pilot Looking To Join A VA

Post by MHiles » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:15 am

Hi

I am a very experienced Airbus pilot (A318 to A380) in the FSX world and I am looking to join a VA. Here's what I am looking for in a VA:

1) A very active VA with enthusiastic pilots.

2) Would prefer to be based in Sweden or UK but to be honest location is not a real issue.

3) A VA with plenty of Airbus throughout the range with a variety of short, medium and long haul destinations.

4) I do not fly "online" at all but prefer to stay within the realms of the FSAirlines world.

I'm 40 years old, male, and a big fan of Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX). I live in the UK.

So. Are there any VA's out there looking for an Airbus pilot?

Many thanks. :D
Michael Hiles

lexarne
Captain

Re: Experienced Airbus Pilot Looking To Join A VA

Post by lexarne » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Hey ,
I am the CEO of Peregrine Airlines soon to become (Monarch airlines) as you might know Monarch owns a nice range of Airbus Aircraft from the A320 to the A330. We operate on two systems FSA and FSP we have a website and a dedicated Teamspeak sever for both Flightsim and Multigaming (Counter Strike, Urban Terror, Wolfenstein Enemy Teritory) We fly realworld routes with the exact times A/C and scenery.

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:29 pm

Hi Matthew

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. I have had a look at the "Overview" page of your airline on the FSA web site. I was looking for a very active VA, but I see the last recorded flight for Peregrine on FSA was 3rd of March, almost 6 months ago, which is not what I call very active. In light of that I will look elsewhere, but do thank you again for your reply.
Michael Hiles

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Amazonas Cargo operates the A320/321/332/343 in South America, mainly in Peru but with other destinations around the continent. We don't currently have many long haul flights, due to a lack of interest among our pilots, but they can easily be created if there was a need.

As for activity, we have one pilot who flies a lot (me :lol: ) and two others who are more sporadic, both of whom are part of the Airbus operations. We are always on the lookout for new pilots, and you would be very welcome here, but I suspect that we don't tick many of your boxes.

TTFN

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi Tony

Thank you very much for your reply. I have had a look at your Overview page and it looks like a very nice VA. I have never flown in that part of the world (real or Sim) so I am sure it will be quite interesting. Must admit, I am very tempted to join your VA. What are your rules about new pilots? Training flights before being allowed to fly proper?

Many thanks.
Michael Hiles

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:07 pm

Some of our destinations can be a challenge, high altitudes and few navaids, but the scenery is breathtaking :D

As for training, that really depends on you. We have a number of training routes set up for the A320 into some of our regular destinations, and we would ask that you fly two sectors with a rating of 95%. As you are already experienced that would be your type-rating on 320/321s. To be rated on the larger Airbii, we would also expect one approach into Bogota or Quito with the 330/340.

One thing we do not get too upset about is landing light penalties, due to terrain issues around some of our destinations we have all been pinged at least once. We like to pull a 100% rating every time of course, but sometimes that's not possible, especially if you use ATC services.

Although your preference is for Airbus types you could also fly our other types after a quick check ride, if you were interested.

TTFN

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi Tony

I'm on my way :D
Michael Hiles

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:20 pm

Welcome aboard :D

You are now type rated and can begin as soon as you like.

TTFN