Pilots hints and tips

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Pilots hints and tips

Post by Safari Air » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:39 pm

The topic in the Important anouncments is about tips for CEOs, so its time for pilots tips.

What would you say to new pilots to help them get started. If it hasn't been writen in the guide already you will be fully credited.

I'll give you a week, so all tips must be posted in this thread by the 7th March 2007.

Like i said, the other post is for CEOs only, this is for general pilots, do not get the 2 mixed up. Thanks
Thanks
Geoff

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:43 pm

Tip 1: Don't be afraid to admit you don't know everything.

Tip 2: Make a checklist. like physically write it down on a sticky note and attach it to your screen. You'll never forget to turn on those pesky landing lights ever again.

mau1940

Post by mau1940 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Make sure you select FS time not system time, so when you have to pause you dont clock up extra time while suspended half way through flight.. :P :P :P :lol: :lol:

stuga100
Ticket Agent

Re: Pilots hints and tips

Post by stuga100 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:43 am

Landing Gear.

The number 1 cause of accidents buy pilots transitioning from 172's to high performance A/C's is failure to lower landing gear.

Most newer types of planes have warnings systems in place to jog your memory but unless you now why the plane is yelling at you, you will still forget you landing gear. There are also large numbers of older plane types that are not equiped with landing gear warnings.

Stuart Andrews

Pilotengeorg
Rampie

Post by Pilotengeorg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:07 am

Good day Pilots, for my part, I am having a checklist with all points I have to obeye for a successfull flight. Beginning with the order of the startupprocedere. First I open theIVAO eye to check out the traffic of the departure airport, the weather and so on. Next I'll start the FS, place myself at the dest-airport. Flightplanning and fuelcalculation is the next. When everything is done, I' m tuning in the right time in FS. This done, the next step for me is to open the FS flightkeeper and entering the necessary datas. Next I open Teamspeak and tuning in the right channel or frequency. Thence I connect to IVAO on IVAP.Final cockpit preüaration is following, and shortly before I obtain the pushback clearance I am connecting to FSAIRLINES.
Even though I have this checklist, sometimes I forget something, because I am just not following the checklist.This results in a loss of time and sometime quiet frustrating moments. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage

Mr w
Ticket Agent

Post by Mr w » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:29 pm

How do you get one of them boxes with how many miles and hours you have flown what you see at the bottom of each post :D

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:01 am

CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Mr w
Ticket Agent

Post by Mr w » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:32 pm

thanks John :mrgreen:

joi1978
Ticket Agent

Post by joi1978 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:49 pm

Hello pilots,
I just started my VA and I am currently looking for pilots. My VA is Iceland Air LTD. Fleet(B738,B744,B763,B752,A321,A322. Airline based in BIKF and mostly only european routes. Salary offer 15% of incoming.. Any candidates please message me for more info.
Thanks guys and happy fly !
Regards: Johann

ricotee
Ticket Agent

New Airline "Spain Airways"

Post by ricotee » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:02 pm

Os anuncio la apertura de una aerolinea destinada a volar con diferentes aerolíneas reales así como sus rutas y aviones exactos. No pierdas la oportunidad de tener muchas aerolíneas en una. Se pueden pedir rutas nuevas para hacerlas charter.

- Iberia Express
- Air Europa
- Vueling

I announce the opening of an airline destined to fly with different real airlines as well as their exact routes and airplanes. Do not miss the opportunity to have many airlines in one. You can order new routes to charter them.

- Iberia Express
- Air Europa
- Vueling

Saludos.
CEO Spain Airways Airline
https://www.fsairlines.net/crewcenter/i ... 91&p=84102