2 Pilots flying in FSA

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Mesquaki
Ticket Agent

2 Pilots flying in FSA

Post by Mesquaki » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:14 pm

Good morning. A message I had sent and received regarding myself and my wife flying together in FSA and our flight sim...
Good morning. My wife Cathy [aka Mahkesis] and I [Mesquaki] came across FSAirlines and felt it was a great fit for us. We both fly together and have spent many hours flying around our chosen area. We decided to register and have really enjoyed our first day.

I have registered and awaiting approval on the forum but I felt I needed to contact you for our unique situation. I fly and my wife flies. I wanted to ask if this is permitted given we are on the same network. This way you know up front that a husband and wife team are in fact flying together. Second, can we both fly at same time or do we have to split fly with the client? Meaning she flies first then I can fly after she is completed.

Regards,

Mike K [aka Mesquaki]

Are you using one computer to do this or two separate computers? If one no problem, one person books the flight starts it up takes the flight from beginning to end using the fsa client. You can invite your spouse to take part as a copilot then both of you will get credit. You can switch who is actually flying on the single computer no problem. You can have a second computer linked in multi player mode but the flight must be recorded from a single computer. I hope that helps.
To answer the above asked, my wife and I fly on our own seperate computers. We have other software that does not like our unique situation (such as AH2 or FS-FlightControl) so in order to both fly in that I have to switch my computer to an independant network segment I created so that my AH2 and sim does not interact with her AH2 or her sim. In other words, our internet account allows us 2 IP's and I switch to the second IP we are assigned while my wife remains on the primary IP. When we fly, we use JoinFS and fly out of the same location. I would like to ask if we do the same for FSA, can we both fly at same time? She likes to fly the C208 we have and I do our DC-3 flights and I can switch my network so it is on the segment I created (in other words my IP would be different from her IP). Or... we take turns flying in FSA. We just want to make the FSA admin aware and ensure we do not breach any ToS.

Regards

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: 2 Pilots flying in FSA

Post by joefremont » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:49 pm

I don't see a problem.

Two flights from the same IP address is not a problem. Most people have multiple computers/devices using the same wifi point and they all come out using the same IP address. I don't think that changing your IP address in the middle of the flight would cause a problem, as long as each of you start and finish your own flights I don't think you will have an issue. The client does not like being restarted in the middle of the flight.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Mesquaki
Ticket Agent

Re: 2 Pilots flying in FSA

Post by Mesquaki » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:56 pm

Thanks for the info. For now we will remain on the same network and see how it goes. If it becomes an issue at least we have a solution worked out.