loading packages from warehouse to plane when you are not the pilot who put them there?

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ke7zum
Ticket Agent

loading packages from warehouse to plane when you are not the pilot who put them there?

Post by ke7zum » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:10 am

Ok, if I broke something let me know. first, happy holidays. second, I wanted a pilot to load cargo from our warehouse onto a plane, except when they do this the check box is grayed out. I was the one who put them there as my name is shown in the "pilot" section of the table. do I have to be the one to load the planes then tell my pilots where to fly to schlep the cargo? Of Corse I'll be helping out,; to. Is there a permission I need to check for my pilots to load the cargo onto the planes from the warehouse so I don't have to do this at 3 am? lol!

We're role playing getting stuff to hubs before the Christmas holiday rush of deliveries has to begin. lol! I'm also learning new things as well.

thanks all and happy Sunday.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: loading packages from warehouse to plane when you are not the pilot who put them there?

Post by joefremont » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:41 pm

Make sure the pilot has permission, they should have either the 'Load Cargo' or 'Manage Cargo' permission. Also once the flight is loaded in the client it is locked and no more cargo can be loaded or unloaded.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ke7zum
Ticket Agent

Re: loading packages from warehouse to plane when you are not the pilot who put them there?

Post by ke7zum » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:07 pm

Love the signature btw. here is what i have under the rank. for cargo.

Manage Cargo (Packages at all airports) yes is checked. The flight has actually not been loaded, just the warehouse. They have their type ratings set for the air craft they are aloud to fly. They are busy IRL, but when they get back, did I do everything correctly? Will we be able to deliver these to santa's workshop? lol!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:22 pm

Its very difficult to debug not knowing your exact setup. Have the pilot in question submit a support ticket when they are in a situation where they think they should be able to load packages and can not.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ke7zum
Ticket Agent

Post by ke7zum » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:19 pm

I can do that. I'll do some more troubleshooting with them on the phone nd if I can't fix it I'll have them do that. HOpefully the fix will be simple.

ke7zum
Ticket Agent

Post by ke7zum » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:37 pm

I've attached a screencap of my perms page. I won't be able to see a correct screen cap, but in case this doe snot show, the cargo perms are checked in both cases just like with mine and they still can't check the boxes. They show up as unchecked, dimmed and with my name on them.
fsa pilot perm.png
screen cap of the perms page for pilot. I have both manage cargo thigns checked.
fsa pilot perm.png (127.29 KiB) Viewed 8705 times

ke7zum
Ticket Agent

Post by ke7zum » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:49 pm

Ok, the pilot got the cargo plane to load, and the checkboxes are not grayed out, however when he switched planes to try and load others so I could take them, the check boxes showed as grayed out. I do not have "by fleet" checked on any of the cargo sections. I might have them submit a ticket anyway explaining what is going on as well. the planes that were grayed out showed 12 thousand pounds available, and all of them are empty as far as I can tell.

ke7zum
Ticket Agent

Post by ke7zum » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:03 pm

Ok, we somewhat figured it out. It turns out that the reason some of the boxes ere gray was because the planes have a max package limit per package. i don't know if we can filter those in the cargo centers we own, if not that would be nice?

I have them delivering packages now to Santa's workshop so now we are almost good to go.

Now fgor what ever reason that package set we loaded onto th eplane showed up as generic so now I'm n not sure if that will deliver to our destination. I guess we'll see when he drops it off.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:43 pm

Just be advised - packages have a limited shelf life - go to VA Packages and check the status - you cannot hang onto them forever or you will lose money as eventually (2 weeks I think is the current time frame) you will be CHARGED what you would have made for not delivering them on time. :shock:

If the status is RED, you are already making less than the full amount you would have because they are already late. The longer you wait, the more revenue you lose.

The time frame limitations make storing packages at warehouses far more complex because it is easy to forget about them and then when you do deliver them you will get a big revenue loss and wonder what happened. :cry:

A main function of the time limit is to keep giant VA's from hoarding all the packages in their own warehouses and then delivering them whenever they feel like it.

ke7zum
Ticket Agent

Post by ke7zum » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:04 am

I wonder will the status read with the screen reader? also the packages my pilot, we'll call him john, loaded onto the plane, when he did book the flight for real, the status showed 0 packages loaded onto the plane even though he did hit "load selected" in the cargo area of the airline. Did he do something wrong? or did I misinstruct poor john? If so, I will attempt to fire myself. He did load the other planes for me though which I'm sure helped me a bit. so now when I take one of the planes in theory I don't have to hit the packages button? or do I still have to click "packages" after booking the flight, even though John already loaded the cargo onto our planes.

thanks. ☺ We'll try and get the cargo delivered by next week. 😱 this gives me a lot to play with, hopefully we dont' lose too much. if we do I'll do a flight to make up for it, or I can have john do one lol!