Range limit, what if... only a warning message?

General discussions related to our Virtual Airlines

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

galdeano
Ticket Agent

Range limit, what if... only a warning message?

Post by galdeano » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:07 pm

I know that is a already discussed topic, but from different angles.

I ask if it is possible to remove officially the range limit block. I suggest to put just a big warning message but with the possibility to continue the plan.

I say this because i love to fly long haul pushing at the limit of the aircraft, setting the right payload and weights.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Range limit, what if... only a warning message?

Post by joefremont » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:13 pm

We had that for a while, but the cheaters were trying to fly twice the aircrafts max rage range with full payload. The fuel usage on many aircraft models are not accurate and its very easy to tweak the fuel_flow_scalar to allow you to be very efficient. We try to setup the max ferry range as the range in the db which should be max fuel and no payload so a revenue flight with any payload should always be less than that. If your finding the range on the aircraft your using is not that please report it.

If you set up a technical stop on the route in-between your destinations it may allow you to fly it.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

galdeano
Ticket Agent

Post by galdeano » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:19 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I understood the point. Thanks for the clear explanation.
I'm honest, I didn't how to use the technical stop. Now i saw the option because I used to make only charter flights.

My question now is: is mandatory to make the stop written in Briefing Document?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:01 pm

The system does not force you to make the stop, but if the system calculates you have used too little fuel given the distance you have flow (using the max range and max fuel on the aircraft db). It may flag your flight as a possible cheat and we may recalculate your fuel usage and payload or take other appropriate action if needed.

If your expecting to fly a few nm past the max range it's probably not going to be a problem (everyone gets a good tailwind from time to time) but if your expecting to go much beyond that I would recommend against it.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

galdeano
Ticket Agent

Post by galdeano » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:20 am

Thanks!